Author Topic: Bauville, Keeloges and Clonglash, Buncrana  (Read 13580 times)

Offline forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bauville, Keeloges and Clonglash, Buncrana
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 December 14 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Bauville, Keeloges and Clonglash is a townland in the Parish of Fahan Lower, in Inishowen, Co. Donegal and it is where I was born. It is bordered by the townlands of: Trillick; Tullydush Lower; Meenkeeragh; Druminderry; Cleenagh; Ballymagan and Clonblosk; and Aghilly and Lenynarnan.

The families of the townland are: Doherty Moor; McGee; Callaghan; Doherty Dubh; Bradley; Duffy; McLaughlin; Doherty Lenan; Barr; and McDaid.

All these families are interconnected as are families in the adjoining townlands.

In the other townlands these families include Blieu; Coyle; Dixon; Doherty Corney; Doherty Big Hill;  Doherty Meenkerragh; Doherty Ownes; Doherty The Kid; O’Donnell; Granny and Kearney.

I am in descent from two of the families of the townland and also of families in the adjoining town lands. I am interested in all the families and connected families. I am seeking to put together a full record of the families of the townland of Bauville, Keeloges and Clonglash and would be glad to hear from anyone connected.

Please send a private message if it suits.

Do you have any info on the Dohertys of Druminderry?

Mary Bradley daughter of Charles Bradley married a Bernard Doherty of Druminderry in 1866. Bernard's father was Bryan Doherty.

I can't seem to find out a lot about either Bernard or Bryan. Lots of other Dohertys but not these two.

Bryan appears in the Griffiths for Druminderry and he could be Bryan Faddy Doherty. There are also Shane, Shane Owen, Elmie and Bar Dohertys in Druminderry as well.

I think the Bernard Doherty in the 1901 Druminderry census is probably the one I'm looking at but so far I can't connect him with the rest of the Dohertys that live there.

He had four children that I know of.....Sally Ann 1868, Margaret 1871, Mary 1873 and William 1868 but I have never found any marriages for them so perhaps they all died as children. I believe that his wife also died very young.

mab
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Inishowen: Meenamullaghan (Big Hill), Foffenagh (Rock), Illies and area...mainly McCallion, Doherty, Bradley, Grant, Devlin
Kilmacrenan: Gortnacorrib....Bonner
Scotland: Bonar, Boner Bonner etc
Conwal: Kirkstown.....Toner, Parke
Derry City: Bonner, McGowan, McGilloway, McElwee, Bradley
Omagh: Bradley
Fanad Penninsular, Donegal.....McBride, Friel, Fielty
Sligo: McGowan

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 December 14 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 December 14 15:06 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01eae/

???

Are you referring me to the marriage of Bernard Doherty to Mary Bradley...if so I have that certificate in hand.

mab

Inishowen: Meenamullaghan (Big Hill), Foffenagh (Rock), Illies and area...mainly McCallion, Doherty, Bradley, Grant, Devlin

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 December 14 15:50 GMT (UK) »
OK.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Magh Itha

• RootsChat Member
  • Quinn of Convoy and related families
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 March 15 14:06 BST (UK) »
Doherty of Druminderry

Have only just come across the above. My greatgrandmother Fanny Doherty born around 1850 or before was from Druminderry. Her father was Con (known as “The Kid”) and her mother was Nellie Granny.

I have no information on those whom you mention.

My 97 year old aunt is having a DNA test the results of which might help.
Quinn (Donegal); McLaughlin, Doherty (Big Hill, Corney, Dubh, Lenan, Meenkeragh, Mor, Ownes, Roe, Druminderry.), Barr, Granny  (Buncrana);  Bonar (Convoy); McGlynn (Burnfoot); McFadden (St Johnston); Hamilton (Raphoe); Houston (Meenbane, Donegal); Eames (Kinlough, Leitrim); Murray and Henry (Westport, Mayo); Hasson (Derry); Eames (Leitrim); Farrell (Lanesboro) Scally (Gallagh, Roscommon); Casserly (Garranstown, Roscommon): Brennan and Hyland (Rathcline, Longford); Hopkins (Cashel, Longford

Offline forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 March 15 14:31 BST (UK) »
Who did your great grandmother marry?

mab

Offline Magh Itha

• RootsChat Member
  • Quinn of Convoy and related families
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 29 March 15 14:55 BST (UK) »
She firstly married Daniel McDaid (cannot say where he was from) and secondly married Henry McLaughlin my greatgrandfather he to was widowed.

Quinn (Donegal); McLaughlin, Doherty (Big Hill, Corney, Dubh, Lenan, Meenkeragh, Mor, Ownes, Roe, Druminderry.), Barr, Granny  (Buncrana);  Bonar (Convoy); McGlynn (Burnfoot); McFadden (St Johnston); Hamilton (Raphoe); Houston (Meenbane, Donegal); Eames (Kinlough, Leitrim); Murray and Henry (Westport, Mayo); Hasson (Derry); Eames (Leitrim); Farrell (Lanesboro) Scally (Gallagh, Roscommon); Casserly (Garranstown, Roscommon): Brennan and Hyland (Rathcline, Longford); Hopkins (Cashel, Longford

Offline MarieMcDaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I a researching McDaid & Doherty families in Clonglash.  I am interested in any details for the Fanny McDaid (nee Doherty) who married Henry McLaughlin you mentioned.  Do you have information on any family from her first marriage?  Do you have a date of marriage for the second marriage?

Thanks
Marie
McDaid- Buncrana
Fullerton- Buncrana
McColgan- Iskaheen, Muff
Friel- Muff / Glackmore / Aught
McGahey - Glackmore / Aught
Doherty - Buncrana
McGowan - Carnamoyle, Muff
Gallanagh - Buncrana
McCallion - Carnamoyle, Muff
McLaughlin - Clunelly
Granny / Grant - Clunelly
Granny / Grant - Kinnoge, Buncrana

Offline Crystal Tipps

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 July 20 19:49 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping you're still following this thread Annie. I'm very interested to see how you've been getting on with compiling the Clonglash family tree. My family are Bradley's from Clonglash. My grandfather was Michael Bradley, son of William Bradley and Unity/Winifred Gallagher. Unity was from Glenvar. I haven't been able to get back beyond William's father John Bradley (born 1809) and don't have any of his siblings or his mother.
My second cousin P. Murphy posted in this thread a while back (his granny was my great aunt Mary Ann Bradley). My mother's sister Anna Bradley married Willie Doherty (Dubh).
I have a public tree on ancestry.com