Author Topic: Francis Edward Hunter - India nr Bareilly late 1800's  (Read 7348 times)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Edward Hunter - India nr Bareilly late 1800's
« Reply #27 on: Friday 03 January 14 19:27 GMT (UK) »
There are a number of records for a Phyllis Glover b c1906/7 heading out to India. On one she is with a Patrick Glover, entemologist also b c 1906/7, he can be traced travelling out separately as well.

A Phyllis of the correct age also comes back in 1936, with Michael, aged 4  and in 1948 with Peter, aged 9

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 04 January 14 00:30 GMT (UK) »
You are doing well. Sandra

Offline brionne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 04 January 14 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Difficult to get any further with the search for the origins of Francis Edward Hunter until we have some hard facts from a more recent,birth or marriage,death certificate,but tricky now  as many folks involved in this family are alive.
Brionne.
Dyer,Wilts,Weare Somerset Dorset Wilts.
Weare/Robinson Ottawa Canada.Petty Wilts.
Simper Wilts.West Wilts.West Vermont.Kelsey Surrey.Chappell
Chapel Essex.McPherson,M Pherson MacPherson
Perthshire Scotland,Cork,Dublin,Drogheda Ireland.
Census information Crown Copy right from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vapcq45

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 22 February 14 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Just want to say a HUGE thank you for trying to help solve this mystery.  I'm taking your advice and sending off first for Sheila's birth certificate, other daughter of Pearl.  Turns out that Ronald was her daughter Mavis's illegitimate son from a wartime liaison, who Pearl brought up as her own.

This whole story is tricky because my ex husband now passed away was adopted and was Mavis Adeline's son - her 2nd illegitimate baby!  So I'm investigating HIS family so I have it for my daughters...but with relatives still alive on that side I don't want to shock them with this news.  It looks as though Mavis may have married the father, he looks as though he was married at the time Mavis had the baby, but then divorced, then they had another son after the marriage who is living.  Quite frustrating really when there is the whole story out there but I can't contact anyone to find out!

val

Offline Kevin glover

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 11 June 18 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys,

Sorry if you have seen my details pop up in other posts on this Site.I am Kevin Glover , the grandson of  Frank & Pearl .My late father was Gordon Glover from Sheffield. If you are looking for info from this side of the family , please give me a shout. 

Thanks

Kevin Gordon Glover

Offline vapcq45

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 11 June 18 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin

I would love to share some information with you.  I've been in touch with Sue Glover a few times and she has sent a few photos through.  I'd like to learn more about Mavis, and your Grandparents.  I've got lots of questions plus some possibly surprising information.  Can you email me?  Val-payne1@live.com

Many thanks
Val