Author Topic: namtu burma  (Read 7826 times)

Offline brionne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: namtu burma
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 January 14 08:02 GMT (UK) »
1911 Census.This may be him,a possible.
 James Arthur Clarke age 12 b Todmorden Yorks ,part time teacher in a school,living with his family.
1901 James Arthur age 2 b Todmorden,parents Henry Clarke iron turner b Bradford,mother Clara.b Kidderminster.with other children.
Obviously articulate,James went to India circa age 22 in 1919.
Dyer,Wilts,Weare Somerset Dorset Wilts.
Weare/Robinson Ottawa Canada.Petty Wilts.
Simper Wilts.West Wilts.West Vermont.Kelsey Surrey.Chappell
Chapel Essex.McPherson,M Pherson MacPherson
Perthshire Scotland,Cork,Dublin,Drogheda Ireland.
Census information Crown Copy right from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moirclan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 January 14 13:47 GMT (UK) »
i have seen this tree on ancestry that may match part of mine   , i have sent two emails  to the owner of the tree but they havnt answered ,
i wondered what your opinion of it would be im doing my best to check it but i find i get no where with the indian records .
lexie [ alexia had two brothers one being dudley [ i know nothing about him and was told he may have died as a child ]
on the tree dudley thurston  appears and has birth date 3rd march no year  and death due to beating in prisoner of war camp by japanese in burma  ,the boxes on the tree show the right amount of siblings and the correct sex but are private .
the mother is called myrtle ann hall and was born on 13th aug , no year and died in northcliffe in west australia  now i know lexie and the boys mother was called myrtle thurston and died in northcliffe , its a small place , coincidence ??? the husband is private so there is nothing to help me there , but i do know he didnt go to bangalore in 1942 and on to australia in 1947.
myrtles mother is named as ida louisa grealy born in 1876  and married john  richard hall in 1894  at st johns church vellore madas [ madras?]she died of strangulation of the bowel [ poor woman {
john richard hall her husband was born and baptised  in trinity church banglaore in 1868.
johns father was called richard hall he was born in london and  married to annie murphy at  st johns church in bangalore in 1864 he died in 1871
now myrtle had brothers and sisters all born in burma  and they emigrated to perth WA  how many myrtle thurstons [ was hall ] could be in northcliffe as its a small place with a son called dudley and from burma ??
any opinions on this ? how would i start to check on this info , would lexie and myrtle be anglo bumese do you think ?
thanks helen

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 January 14 16:15 GMT (UK) »
This would appear to be Myrtles marriage to George Richard Thurston:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGJJ-PKK

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 January 14 16:34 GMT (UK) »
You may already have this, but I will post it anyway.  Myrtle Ann Thurston  died 27th April, 1966 aged 72 and was buried on the 29th.  at Manjimup Old Cemetery. She was Catholic which may explain why there are so little records online for the family.

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline brionne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 January 14 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Found this GRO British Army marriage ref,
Mary Thurston married a Robert Law in 1948 Rangoon Burma,page [18]23.
May be of help to you.I appreciate this is recent info as far as Rootschat is concerned,but in this case you are working in the dark,and need to look at all avenues.

Dyer,Wilts,Weare Somerset Dorset Wilts.
Weare/Robinson Ottawa Canada.Petty Wilts.
Simper Wilts.West Wilts.West Vermont.Kelsey Surrey.Chappell
Chapel Essex.McPherson,M Pherson MacPherson
Perthshire Scotland,Cork,Dublin,Drogheda Ireland.
Census information Crown Copy right from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moirclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 January 14 10:22 GMT (UK) »
thanks for the help , the names i found on the other tree i traced back , [ its easier checking names than finding them in the first place lol] i went back to annie murphy b 1841 who married richard hall b 1838 and on the other side jane mcclay born1811 who married charles  bennett [marriage: 18 July 1825 Poonamallee, Madras, India ] so really happy with that, this is all on lexie and myrtles side ,
lexies hubby james arthur clarke capt born in 1906 i found their marriage , and his father was called alfred , but im stuck there ,
i was wondering though dudley thurston [ lexies brother myrtles son  ] according to the other tree i found died in a japanese camp beaten to death , i cant find any info to back this up and  they havnt answered my request  for where they got their info , have you got any ideas what i could do to find out if this is correct or not ?
thanks again for spending the time to help me , its appreciated

Offline moirclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 January 14 00:51 GMT (UK) »
ive done really well with your help , there is a couple of things i could do with some extra help . lexie undina thurston born in 1915 to george richard thurston and myrtle annie hall  i cant find lexies [alexia ] birth any where , her parents married 7th june 1911 at toungoo bengal india , lexie married james arthur clarke  14th nov 1934 at maymyo  bengal  , she died 10th april 1945 at bangalore [ found this in an obit  in a newspaper , but i cant actually find the birth or death records ,
and im looking for george richard thurston her father he was born in 1877 and i dont know if it was bengal burma  he married as above 1911 in toungoo and he was a rail way guard he died 4th july 1937  of a heart attack [found these details at the anglo burmese library  , any ideas how to try and find more info ?
thanks helen

Offline Normalynne Bennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 November 17 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have been searching for weeks for the maiden name of my ggg grandmother Jane McClay who was a widow when she married my ggg grandfather Charles Bennett.  Can you help at all?

Also looking for Nazeer Bee Mafsul who was concubine of Abraham Goultchman, they had a son Samuel in 1832.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Norma-Lynne Bennett

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 November 17 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!