Author Topic: Looking for Samuel Carlisle, James Edward, Sarah Ann and Frederick Gray/Grey  (Read 3638 times)

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Samuel Carlisle, James Edward, Sarah Ann and Frederick Gray/Grey
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 January 14 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Neil and Richard for your replies. Isabella had been suffering from influenza before she died so the children may have been sick as well but I can't find records of deaths for them so far. If the children were sent to an orphanage they may have been given different names which will make them impossible to find. Samuel was only 3 when his own father died and went to live with his paternal aunt for some of his childhood. It is very difficult to put ourselves in their shoes.
It took me a years to discover what happened to Samuel's father so perhaps as more records are made available something will turn up.
Pauline
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.
Noble, Gray, Bird - Durham/Northumberland

Offline Bethhound

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Samuel Carlisle, James Edward, Sarah Ann and Frederick Gray/Grey
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 April 17 04:56 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this could be the same person or not but I have been researching a Frederick Grey who immigrated to the U.S. on the S.S. Ansonia from Liverpool, England to Boston, MA arriving 2/23/1923.

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 April 17 08:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. Frederick was born in Co Durham in 1891 and his parents were Samuel Carlisle Gray and Isabella Ann (formerly Dixon). I have him on the 1891 census and then nothing after that. His mother took her own life in 1895 and then I lose track of all except James Edward.
Have you any more details of your Frederick?
Regards
Pauline
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.
Noble, Gray, Bird - Durham/Northumberland