Author Topic: Help find burial place Cleobury Mortimer Please  (Read 1426 times)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Help find burial place Cleobury Mortimer Please
« on: Friday 03 January 14 14:43 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me as I,ve searched in vain and don't know where to look next.
My great great grandparents were non conformists and spent their whole married life working for the Blounts at Mawley Hall,which had its own church,I believe called St Mary (not to be confused with the St Mary with the crooked spire in Cleobury Mortimer) the church I believe has gone and was relocated to St Elizabeths in Cleobury Mortimer.
My great great grandparents were
Richard Hickman 1775 -1758
Elizabeth Hickman,Nee Tolley  1789-1871
I would be extremely greatful if anyone can help me please.
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline kevingmoore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help find burial place Cleobury Mortimer Please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 17 18:08 GMT (UK) »
In the book Burials in the Parish of Cleobury Mortimer in the County of Salop printed in London by George Eyre and Andrew Strachan (around 1812) it shows the burials of Richard Hickman on the 15th December 1858 (entry 1202) and Elizabeth Hickman on the 6th December 1871 (entry 1556). They were registered as being buried at the Anglican church (which I assume would be St Mary in Highley Parish, Cleobury Mortimer).
Moore
Moraghan
Kelly
Ganley
Goodswen
Loxley
Newhall/Newell

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Re: Help find burial place Cleobury Mortimer Please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 February 17 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Kevin very much appreciated .
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.