Author Topic: Panton Road, Liverpool  (Read 3845 times)

Offline pavones

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Panton Road, Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 February 14 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Panton Rd was off Brainerd St. It ran through the prefabs that used to be there. It started opposite Snaefell Ave and was an S-shape, finishing opposite Lister Drive school.

Offline wafer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 February 14 20:44 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for the info.

Wafer.

Offline JeanPC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 14:26 GMT (UK) »
I lived at number 8 Panton Road from 1947 until 1963. It wasn't just a single road, but a large area of prefabs. It was demolished around 1963 or so, and replaced with blocks of flats. I think it lost it's name at that point. We were relocated to Halewood. As far as location is concerned, Lister Drive Power Station was on one side of it. I  think (not sure) Green Lane on another side, and it wasn't far from West Derby Road, with a bunch of other streets in between. Not far from St. Cecelia's, where I went to school. District of Tuebrook, Liverpool. I'm looking for a map of Liverpool from around that time (50s or 60s). Can anyone help me?

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 15:24 GMT (UK) »
I lived at number 8 Panton Road from 1947 until 1963. It wasn't just a single road, but a large area of prefabs. It was demolished around 1963 or so, and replaced with blocks of flats. I think it lost it's name at that point. We were relocated to Halewood. As far as location is concerned, Lister Drive Power Station was on one side of it. I  think (not sure) Green Lane on another side, and it wasn't far from West Derby Road, with a bunch of other streets in between. Not far from St. Cecelia's, where I went to school. District of Tuebrook, Liverpool. I'm looking for a map of Liverpool from around that time (50s or 60s). Can anyone help me?

If you look at Old Maps UK the 1950 map should be useful to you it shows Panton Road prefabs and has numbers for the prefabs:-

https://www.old-maps.co.uk

Blue

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Theres a photograph of the Prefabs at Sheil rd. on http://www.liverpoolpicturebook.com/p/l6-l7.html
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline Beatle

• RootsChat Member
  • Dey do dough do dee?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 June 18 10:07 BST (UK) »
My grandmother Mary Isobel Jones lived at no 42 from 1952 - 1967

Beatle
Jones/Bangor / Liverpool
Hopley Cliffe Williams Vernon Done / Cheshire
Hill Mounsey Haugh / Cumberland
Postlethwaite Witter / Liverpool

Offline peter mccormick

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 July 22 17:02 BST (UK) »
I lived at number 30 until i was 4 when the prefabs were demolished. I was born in 1960 but my brother told me the address as he is 10 years older than me and remembered it. We moved to Bellew road off Altham off Ferguson road Larkhill