Author Topic: Bedwellty Marriages  (Read 10430 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bedwellty Marriages
« Reply #27 on: Friday 07 February 14 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre
That's sad news, I wasn't aware of that, I had better pop down there on Monday.
I use Cardiff Library regular, we could have been sat next to each other unknowingly
Roy

We might have been fighting for the same newspapers ;D
Copy of all the photos on the same day as Albert's....

Good luck.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 07 February 14 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Deidre
I need to get down there, I just can't get over the fact they are considering closing that section; especially with the centenary celebrations coming up later this year.  I'm researching the war memorials of Brithdir, Tirphil, Troedrhiwfuwch and Pontlottyn and I know there are others researching others throughout the valleys. 
Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 07 February 14 14:27 GMT (UK) »
It was only announced a week ago; there's an online form you can use to comment....
http://www.surveys.cardiff.gov.uk/budgetproposals/

Some of the stock will probably go to Glamorgan Archives; several staff will lose their jobs.

Deirdre

CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 07 February 14 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre
Any idea what they intend to do with the stock of newspapers?
Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 07 February 14 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre
Any idea what they intend to do with the stock of newspapers?
Roy

Roy, I guess things like the newspapers and electoral rolls will go to Glam Archives; other things may go to the library stores (stacks) to be brought out when requested. Not sure if anything's been decided yet, and no doubt things will change over the next few weeks. 

It will be a real shame if it does close, it's a great location, and the staff are so helpful.

Deirdre