Author Topic: Graves at St. George's Church, Hulme, Manchester  (Read 5237 times)

Offline wanderers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Graves at St. George's Church, Hulme, Manchester
« on: Saturday 11 January 14 22:04 GMT (UK) »
I have recently discovered that my gr-gr-grandmother (Catherine Butterworth nee Bridge) and my gr-gr-gr-grandmother (Harriet Butterworth nee Cockle) were buried at St. George's, Harriet in 1858 and Catherine in 1865.  Does anyone know if there exists a graveyard map and if it is possible to pinpoint where individual plots were?  The church has now been converted to residential use but was a record made of the gravestones?  I'd be grateful for any help.  Thanks.

Offline Cancan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • mgctp.com
    • View Profile
Re: Graves at St. George's Church, Hulme, Manchester
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 January 14 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society (MLFHS) have the burial records and monumental inscriptions for this church.  Whether they have a plot map I'm not sure.

You can also order a film of them from the LDS to view at one of their Libraries near you.

Cancan :)

p.s.  I think the MLFHS make a fee for lookups/searches now, though not positive on this
The Manchester General Cemetery Transcription Project, Bookmark our website to see updates and information also. http://mgctp.com

Offline wanderers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 January 14 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for the information, Karen.  I will try the MLFHS but would also be grateful if you would indeed take a look for me once your film arrives.  Thanks again.  Eileen

Offline prescottr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 December 23 14:57 GMT (UK) »
I was the one who copied Saint George Hulme gravestones in 1970's.  They seem to have excluded my name when I gave a copy to Manchester & Lancashire FHS and my name as a submitter is on Family Search in their catalogue.  I have copyright of these submissions and an accurate grave plan.  Wish M& L FHS would show respect in using my name in their files.