Author Topic: Miss Fanny Jones,1851, Hong Kong ? how and with whom ?  (Read 673 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Miss Fanny Jones,1851, Hong Kong ? how and with whom ?
« on: Sunday 12 January 14 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi , I am always on look out for any social history on my family. I do know Fanny aka Frances  Augusta de Yrujo ..Jones  was born 26th dec 1817. I also know she live d in London alone in 1841. She married Samuel Clifton around 1851 in Hong Kong . They lived in Shanghai from about 1851 . The y did return to London 1861 but went as a family back to Shanghai.
My questions are ..
 Is she the Miss Fanny Jones on the Duke of Richmond arriving in Port Jackson Australia 13th Jan 1849.
 If so how do I confirm and did she go from there to Hong Kong.

I cant quite make out the name of a passenger she may have been ladies maid to. Thomas Boothe ?Esq and lady...
 Fanny Jones had her own cabin and was unassisted passenger.
 Is there  anyone out there that knows the shipping routes of the times .??
 Would they have gone London to Australia be for e Hong Kong.
 I will leave it with a expert to point me in right direction .
 i may be able to follow Mr Thomas Boothe? travels if I could read his name correctly.
Thanks Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..