Author Topic: william Allen  (Read 3287 times)

Offline will allen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william Allen
« on: Monday 13 January 14 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone trace any more details about William Allen

The facts I have about him are that he married Frances Huddlestone on 24th December 1835 at St mary de Castro Church Leicester. (no other details are available from parish records)

A son was born on March 10th 1838, also named William in the parish of st Margarets East Leicester. William senior's occupation is given as a labourer and the family were living at Burleys lane, Leicester.

Frances died in January 1841 at the age of 25 (born 1815) at Wymondham William's name appears on the death certificate.

A William Allen born Edmondthorpe aged 35 appears in the 1851 census living at Scalford with a new wife? called Ann born North Luffenham aged 27 and a son called William aged 13. William senior is described as an agricultural labourer.

A marriage took place at St John the Baptist(Luffenham) in 1847 between WilliamAllen and Ann but I haven't been able to get further details.

If he is shown as a widower  this would confirm that he is the William I'm looking for. Any other details would be greatly appreciated. names.

(the son William survived and was married at All Saints Church Leicester in 1859 to Mary Ann Kimberlin. His occupation is policeman aged 21 William senior is on the certificate) 

Thanks

Will

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: william Allen
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 January 14 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Will,
Welcome to RootsChat. I can help you out with the burial of Frances.
Source: Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society.
Frances ALLEN was buried at St Peter, Wymondham, 12th January 1841, aged 25.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline will allen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: william Allen
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 January 14 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Victor

thanks for your reply which confirms Frances's death and burial place  The Leics and Rutland family history society also sounds a good source for me to find out further facts.

Thanks

Will