Author Topic: William Taylor and Jane Lister  (Read 2583 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Taylor and Jane Lister
« on: Wednesday 15 January 14 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with the following?

I have a Matthew Taylor marrying Mary Harrison on 3 August 1780 at St Helens, Auckland. The record says both of this parish and the witnesses were a Jude Taylor and George Matthews.

Mathew and Mary had a son William Taylor baptised on 1 April 1781 at St Helens, Auckland. William was buried on 6 September 1813 at Houghton le Spring (aged 32 years old). He married at Houghton le Spring on 14 August 1806 Jane Lister and had issue.

His widow Jane Taylor (nee Lister) married as her second husband on I January 1820 Houghton le Spring Henry Rochester and they had a son James Rochester.

Can anyone help with Mathew Taylor or Mary Harrison parents? The only Jude Taylor I can find is a one born 11 October 1734 at St Helen, Auckland son of a Richard Taylor, and he died in 1813 at Elvet Durham.

Jane Lister who married 1st William Taylor and 2nd Henry Rochester gives her birth between 1782 to 1788 and states her place of birth as Lazonby (Cumberland?) or Lackenby (Yorkshire?). Can anyone help with Janes parents at all?

Thanks! :)