Author Topic: LIGHTBODY FAMILY  (Read 11334 times)

Offline gingerbit

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LIGHTBODY FAMILY
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 28 May 14 07:44 BST (UK) »
Will send you a PM with contact details.
Smith, Oliver, Macrae, Laughland, Bower, Greer, Wylie, Forrest, Eddie, McCallum.  All Scotland

Offline Sandy Maicher

• RootsChat Extra
  • I getting ready to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary in May. I have one son, John, and 3 cats. I try to live by the motto that life is to short to fret the small stuff, and I thank God everyday for another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 01 June 14 23:14 BST (UK) »
Wow Sandy - so glad you've come to Rootschat - very excited now!  Will PM you.

Gingerbit - haven't found an Isabella in the tree yet.  Can you track back any further? 

Sue

Sue, looking forward to hearing from you

Offline John Lightbody

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 13 June 14 00:15 BST (UK) »
john douglas lightbody  son of duncan c.  nephew of r.a.f. lt. john douglas lightbody  grandson of john d. and marjory lightbody

Offline Sandy Maicher

• RootsChat Extra
  • I getting ready to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary in May. I have one son, John, and 3 cats. I try to live by the motto that life is to short to fret the small stuff, and I thank God everyday for another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 13 June 14 00:32 BST (UK) »
john douglas lightbody  son of duncan c.  nephew of r.a.f. lt. john douglas lightbody  grandson of john d. and marjory lightbody

Welcome to Roots Chat Dad

Offline jasperaliceuk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 13 June 14 07:34 BST (UK) »
Wow, welcome John - this is more than I could have hope for - thrilled!  I think John Douglas Lightbody being someone's uncle is the closest relative I can get as he died so young and childless.  Would love to get in contact with you.  Sandy has my email.

Best regards
Sue
ROBINS - Devon, Kensington, Southwark, Hackney, Willesden, TIMBRELL - Berkeley, TARLING - St Pancras, WARD - St Pancras, DUKES - Cannock, Aylesbury, St Pancras, LILLYWHITE - St Pancras, WALTER - Croydon, Willesden, BICKFORD - East Stonehouse, GROVES - Harrow on the Hill, Willesden

Offline zander123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 16 March 18 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am researching my Stepmother's side of the Family which is Lightbody. I am looking for info on Duncan Clark Lightbody. I know he married a Bertha but do not know her maiden name or when and where they were married? I also know there were 3 children, John Douglas, Marjorie C____, and Robert. did they marry, to whom and when and are there any children?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jim

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 16 March 18 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim , welcome to RC  :)

Duncan Clark Lightbody born 1901 Hamilton Lanark ?
Looks like he went to America in 1923 ,  Familysearch have the family on the 1930 and 1940 Census.

Think he would have married Bertha in America.

If the above information is correct it might be better to move this topic to the USA Board.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Smaicher

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:05 GMT (UK) »
My name is Sandy Maicher. Duncan Clark Lightbody married to Bertha was my grandfather. My dad is John D Lightbody. I heard through a friend that someone is looking for us for some research.

Offline krystal-04

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 21 March 19 13:30 GMT (UK) »
I'm also researching the Lightbody family.  Bertha was my aunt - maiden name Morris.  They lived in Phila. PA. I'm interested in finding info on their children.  John, Marjorie and Bobby birthdays/spouses/deaths.  I found a John "E" Lightbody on the Find a Grave site  - Birth Dec. 12, 1928 - Died May 31, 1999 in Ocala, FL. - could this be him?