Author Topic: Frank Hands of Bidford-on-Avon  (Read 2631 times)

Offline alex260966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Frank Hands of Bidford-on-Avon
« on: Friday 17 January 14 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm Belgian, living near Neerwinden, and looking for information on the family "Hands" of Bidford-on-Avon. Frank Hands, Aircraftman 1st Class, was 21 years old when he died in May 1940. His name is mentioned on the Runnymede Memorial. He was a member of the 59 Sqn and crew member of Croydon Chamberlain and George Seldon.
He was the son of Charles and Annie Maria Hands, of Bidford-on-Avon. I'm doing together with the cousin of the pilot Croydon Chamberlain a research about what happened that fatal day in May 1940. We've discovered important details. According to our info Frank Hands is buried as unknown at Hotton War Cemetery in Belgium.
Regards,
Alex.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Hands of Bidford-on-Avon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 January 14 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon
I'm not related to the family my self but do have a possible lead on the family.The problem is is that there are several Charles and Annie Maria Hands in the area bout that date.
I think this is his  parents Charles Hands 1881-1936 married June 1904 Evesham to Annie Palmer 1883- 1970.
They have quite a few children Frank being the youngest son  and youngest  but one,6 sons and 4 daughters.
There is a tree for them on Ancestry by janetcoombe 58 who you may want to contact.
Ciderdrinker

Offline alex260966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 January 14 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your help. Can you give me the link to Ancestry so that I can contact janetcoombe 58? We've tried to contact the local clergyman [Anglican Priest] and a lady from the local council offices of Bidford but they didn't respond, so for the moment we have no trace of the family "Hands".
Greetings from Belgium.
Regards,

Alex.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 January 14 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning
Here's the link.Hope this will work .
http://trees.ancestrylibrary.com/tree/12215906/person/-310942242
I'm not sure exactly how to contact her from the website but  that is the web page.If that doesn't work you may have to contact the website or even join Ancestry.Other people seem to be able to work it out but I'm not very technical.
Sorry
Siblings Elizabeth 1905,Clara 1906,James1907-1972,George 1911,William 1912,Harry1913-1991,Ernest 1916-1994,and youngest Annie1921-1991.
Ciderdrinker