Author Topic: Ross Family of Struan, Skye. School and Criminal Records  (Read 8691 times)

Offline casio85

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ross Family of Struan, Skye. School and Criminal Records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott,

Thank very much you for messaging me. I let my mum know and she is very keen to contact you and email you some old photos. Would you be able to send me your email address so she can get in touch? She isn't on any forums.

Best,

Carla

Offline Vugts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Carla!

I have left you a personal message.

Regards

Scott

Offline donaldhen1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 December 14 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Scot just read your post I knew your family well they used to live about 100yds. from us then they went to live in Aultbea Gairloch .I remember your Granny well Isabelle I went to school with your cousins Ena Fay Peter John I don't remember your father I knew Phemie Annabelle Peter  Marykate Jessie Donald who lost his life on the Tay bridge building project I remember great uncle Norman he was a great character also his sister Maggie who worked in Glasgow I think I am related to you through the Roag campbell connection as my mother was from Roag you have a vast amount of relations . Forgot to mention I also remember Hugh another son of Isabelle I think he passed away not long ago in aultbea Ena came to see me a few years ago I have a photo of the old home in Struan. Hope this is of some help to you if you want my phone no .let me know to give more info
Regards Donald.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 December 14 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Can tell me how I can obtain information such as criminal records for my  ancestors from Struan, Isle of Skye.

Hi Scott,

Do you have reason to believe your grandfather or g grandfather were criminals & if so can you give us an idea as to the cause please.

Annie.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Vugts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 January 15 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donald!

First of all, many apologies for not getting back to you sooner as I have not been reading my emails over the festive period. I would love to get in contact with you regarding my grandmothers side of the family of which I know very little. As some of the details regard people still living and the exchange of contact details is not advisable in a public forum, i will send you a personal message soon.

Annie - thank you for your inquiry, I have little or no information regarding my grandparents and other forebears and was casting my net as widely as I could. My father did mentioned a court case involving my grandparents, which he knows nothing about before being sent to the mainland in the late 1940's. I am unaware if this was of a civil or criminal matter.

Kind regards

Scott

Offline donaldhen1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 01 January 15 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi. again Scott if you wish I will give you my email. I have now got a school photo of your dad.anyway keep in touch
Regards.  Donald.