Author Topic: st stephens orphanage blossom street york  (Read 4676 times)

Offline pawest1960

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
st stephens orphanage blossom street york
« on: Monday 20 January 14 15:22 GMT (UK) »
i am trying 2 get in touch with people who stayed at the above orphanage between 1956 til 1959 i would be very grateful for information about the orphanage thank you

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: st stephens orphanage blossom street york
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi...and Welcome to Rootschat...this forum doesn't allow details of living people so it may better for you to post a query on Genes Reunited or Facebook for a better response.
Details of the records kept for the Orphanage will be held Here;

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/A2A/records.aspx?cat=193-yctsso&cid=0#0

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline BEATLES64

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 14:50 GMT (UK) »
HI PAWEST1960, I WAS IN ST STEPHENS ORPHANAGE 1957- 59. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND RECORDS, PHOTOS AND PEOPLE, FOR QUITE A WHILE. WOULD YOU HAVE ANYTHING. CHEERS, MIKE.

Offline hellscherub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 12:11 GMT (UK) »
hi l was is the home from1955 to 1957 l remember my short time there very well my brother was also with me with special permission from the committee. Feel free to get in touch. Lynette Sunderland

Offline liverpool lfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 16:38 GMT (UK) »
HI LYNETTE. MY NAME IS MICHAEL BORG. I WAS IN ST STEPHENS 89 THE MOUNT, WITH MY TWO SISTERS MARY AND TERESA. I HAVE BEEN TRYING OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS TO GET ANY INFO , OR PHOTOS FROM MY TIME THERE. I NOW HAVE SOME PHOTOS,  BUT WOULD LIKE MORE.  I WILL BE GETTING BACK INTO MY RESEARCH FROM THE LIBRARY IN YORK, AS THIS IS NOW WHERE I LIVE. I THINK YOU MAY HAVE LEFT WHEN WE WENT IN , NOVEMBER 57. WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, PHOTOS, OR MEMORIES. REGARDS, MIKE

Offline hellscherub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi again even though l was only in the home a short while l have lots of memories.If you have not got this book (Blue coat Grey coat by W.B.Taylor ) l would recommend it my brother and l are mentioned in the book not by name but the committee was requested to take in a small boy with his sister. You must get the book very interesting. Lynette.

Offline liverpool lfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 16:59 GMT (UK) »
I HAVE THE BOOK. DO YOU REMEMBER ANYBODY, ESPECIALLY SHEENA LAMBERT. MY SISTER MARY'S FRIEND? I HAVE PHOTOS FROM GARDEN FETE , PICNIC FILEY ETC. BUT I WANT MORE. THE BORTHWICK ARCHIVES ARE HARD WORK, THEY HAVE RECORDS. DO YOU LIVE IN YORK ? MIKE

Offline hellscherub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 17:12 GMT (UK) »
oh my god yes plus a girl called Heather. Do you remember the matrons daughter Marjorie and her two children Peter and Lesley ? l was very young names l am not very good at remembering. Would be lovely to see your photo's. Filey holidays l remember well. I used to love the garden fetes. Only have one picture it's of my brother looking as sick as a parrot in the scullery with a pile of dirty pots. Been told he had to wash them, it made the evening press. l moved from York in1971 15th February demical day. I now live in Yeadon by LBA .Lynette

Offline liverpool lfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 17:45 GMT (UK) »
I GET SO EXCITED TO HEAR ANYTHING. I HAVE PHOTOS OF THE MATRON ELSIE COBB, AND  GRANDSON PETER ,BLOND HAIR.,  NOT ONE OF HIS SISTER. WE ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE SPOILT CANT REMEMBER HIS MOTHER. I THINK THEIR FATHER WAS IN THE RAF. I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU SOME PICTURES OF MY PHOTOS SOMEHOW ? AND WOULD LIKE THE ONE YOU HAVE. I AM THINKING OF GOING TO THE LIBRARY TOMORROW, NOW I'M OFF AGAIN. I AM IN TOUCH WITH THE DEPUTY MATRON, THAT IS WHERE I GOT PHOTOS, ALSO IN TOUCH WITH A GIRL IN NEW ZEALAND, VIOLET BRITTAIN, SHE IS MENTIONED IN THE BOOK. MIKE