Author Topic: Haram Park in Nottinghamshire, any ideas anyone?  (Read 4859 times)

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Haram Park in Nottinghamshire, any ideas anyone?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 February 18 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tissot,

The conundrum of the marriage remains at the moment unsolved/unproved.  I must admit it has been a long time since I looked at this side of the family though!

My ancestor is Lydia's older sister Mary Ann Holt born 1806 in South Elmsall.

I will endeavour to look at this side again and maybe between us, we can get some holes in that brick wall.

Kind regards,

Kath
Bladen (Tipton, & Yorks), Teece, Cooke(Coalville), Stott (Staffs), Carr, Armitage, Henrickson, Lisle (Yorks), Pailing, Stott, Leach, Davies (Llanasa), Taylor, McDonald, Garry, Brackenbury, Brand, Rewston
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 15:12 GMT (UK) »
"Baptism Averham St Michael and All Angels
9-2-1788 Elizabeth dau of Thomas and Mary Taylor  no abode listed."
Elizabeth's place of birth on the census being Harham. Local pronunciation of Averham being Airham.

I think this marriage needs checking out....
Marriage Spridlington
 1 Oct 1805 Charles Holt and Elizabeth Taylor
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Tissot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 March 18 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath,
I think that the Birth of Elizabeth TAYLOR 9th Feb 1788-Averham - daughter of Thomas & Mary TAYLOR is, given all the facts, credible.
The marriage of Charles HOLT to Elizabeth TAYLOR 1st Oct 1805 Spridlington, Lincolnshire would on the face of it, look a little shaky.
The Original marriage certificate (available on Find My Past) shows that the parish given for both Charles and Elizabeth is GLENTHAM which is just north of Spridligton.
However, given that Glentham is only about 45 Miles away from South Emshall and 35 Miles from Averham, it would seem highly likely that Charles and Elizabeth had independently moved to the Glentham area to find work.  We shall never know for certain but I feel comfortable with the assumption.  knowing that our ancestors did move about more than we imagine.
Best wishes
John