Author Topic: Haram Park in Nottinghamshire, any ideas anyone?  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Haram Park in Nottinghamshire, any ideas anyone?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:05 GMT (UK) »
If you look at the enumerator's route on both censuses, you should come across a street or landmark which still exists today, and this usually gives a fair indication of where a place used to be. It helps find the location if you can alternate between comparing on both an old and a modern map.
Good luck.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:05 GMT (UK) »
No sorry, I should have said, I am looking at NFHS
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:24 GMT (UK) »
If you look at the enumerator's route on both censuses, you should come across a street or landmark which still exists today, and this usually gives a fair indication of where a place used to be. It helps find the location if you can alternate between comparing on both an old and a modern map.
Good luck.

Thank you for the great advice Ruskie, the lady in question is living in South Elmsall, which is approx 56 miles away, so won't help in this case!

No sorry, I should have said, I am looking at NFHS

The lady I am looking at is Elizabeth Taylor born c1788, I wonder if you would be so kind to have a look, as it would be a little expensive to get the disks, and I am not definite on her surname, I am guessing from a marriage in Spridlington, Lincolnshire to Charles Holt that this could be her.

Kind regards,
Kath
Bladen (Tipton, & Yorks), Teece, Cooke(Coalville), Stott (Staffs), Carr, Armitage, Henrickson, Lisle (Yorks), Pailing, Stott, Leach, Davies (Llanasa), Taylor, McDonald, Garry, Brackenbury, Brand, Rewston
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Baptism Averham St Michael and All Angels
9-2-1788 Elizabeth dau of Thomas and Mary Taylor  no abode listed.
also
12-3-1790 Susanna dau of Thomas and Mary Taylor
1-8-1792 Joseph son of Thos. and Mary Taylor

Oh so sad... Burial's Averham
15-4-1794 Susannah Taylor infant notes- "from the Park, slain by a gate falling upon her"
21-6-1808 Thos. Taylor " drowned in the Trent"
4-4-1814 Elizabeth Taylor 2 days " could be 7 days"
11-12-1866 Mary Taylor aged 74
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi larkspur,

That was very kind of you, shame no abode was listed.

Thanks again.

Kath
Bladen (Tipton, & Yorks), Teece, Cooke(Coalville), Stott (Staffs), Carr, Armitage, Henrickson, Lisle (Yorks), Pailing, Stott, Leach, Davies (Llanasa), Taylor, McDonald, Garry, Brackenbury, Brand, Rewston

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Abode listed on the burial of Susannah...
From the Spridlington book of Marriages and Banns, it  says Charles Holt and  Elizabeth Taylor  from the Parish of Glentham.

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 February 14 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Must have posted my reply at exactly the same time as your reply, with the burial of Susannah.  How terribly sad, but I can now work on this family.

Really appreciate the time and trouble you have taken.

Kath

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 February 14 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Good luck.

Thank you for the great advice Ruskie, the lady in question is living in South Elmsall, which is approx 56 miles away, so won't help in this case!

Apologies Kath, I did not read your original post carefully enough ..  :-[

Offline Tissot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 February 18 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I know I am a bit late on this discussion but I only came across it yesterday.

I have fvery recently come up against the same brick wall and from what has been said KatherineM I think that we are talking about the same persons that is Charles Holt and wife Elizabeth.
My specific interest is from their daughter Lydia (born 1808. South Kirby).

Katherine did you ever solve the conundrum if so I would be grateful for a little help.  I have found a marriage of a Charles Holt to a Elizabeth Howlgate, but it took place in Halifax in July 1804, which seems to me to be to far from South Kirby & Nottinghamshire.

Best wishes