Author Topic: Looking for David Moug  (Read 6866 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for David Moug
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 12:51 GMT (UK) »
So they have! Thank you. I should have looked using just M*g on the CD-ROM but that produces a vast number of results, mostly Mc.....g surnames.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 13:02 GMT (UK) »
There are some public trees on a*cy regarding the two David Mougs which you might find of interest particularly the photos of records. It would appear that the name has also morphed into Moig in some cases!

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I will take a look at these next time I am in a library that has access. I don't trust anything I find on a**y (or any other site with online family trees) unless it is an image of an original document.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Uhtred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 May 17 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi, just wondering how you got on with the moug's, i was looking for david moug and found this thread, i am new to the site so not sure how things work but wondered if you had finnished your tree/trail, i am a moug but dont know much about my family history, cheers

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 May 17 18:11 BST (UK) »
Good to 'meet' you, Ughtred.

Which David Moug were you looking for? I reckon that just about every Moug/Moig/Maig/Mugg etc in Scotland, and quite a lot in England, are descended from David Mugg and Margaret Guthrie, who were married in 1775.

Offline Uhtred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 April 18 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for that reply, i only just saw it, i was looking for info on the david moug who had a brother george as well as several others and sister jessie who lived in forfar in recent years, he was born in the 30's, thanks

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 18:21 BST (UK) »
This must be the family of Alexander James Jamieson Moug (1904-1987) and Helen Macdonald Ford (1902-1977)

William (1926-2017)
James Alexander Jamieson (1927-2016)
Jessie Cummings (1928-1928)
Robert Ford (1928-1928)
Alexander (1929-1996)
David (1932-2017)
George (1935-2017)

I have details of the deaths of the two babies and of Alexander, but not the others - I only found them in the deaths index.

Offline Uhtred

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 04:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes, thats them, i believe there was a sister margarette but might be wrong, i believe there were 2 deaths of babies but jessie was not 1 of them, i knew her growing up, she is my aunt, not sure if she is still around, i knew david, my father, george and james i think, i knew him as jim, i also knew jessie but last saw her about 1991, i met the father once but never the mother, i dont know anything else of the family.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 08:45 BST (UK) »
Now that you have made 3 posts I can send you a Personal Message.