Author Topic: George & Mary Jane Henry  (Read 3042 times)

Offline bristol170

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George & Mary Jane Henry
« on: Wednesday 05 February 14 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I have been unable to trace the death records for George Henry b. abt 1846, St. Brelade, Jersey, son of William Henry and his wife Elizabeth Williams- George was last recorded in the 1891 census in St. Brelade, Jersey, boarding at St Brelade Farm, occupation painter; and for his wife Mary Jane Henry née Reynolds b. 5 Aug 1851 St Aubin, St. Brelade, Jersey dtr of Francis Freshfield Reynolds and his wife Mary Hill- Mary Jane Henry last appears in the 1901 census in St Peter Port, Guernsey, but there is no death record for her in Guernsey. Could someone please check the Jersey death records for me? Many thanks, Andy Smith, Guernsey.

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: George & Mary Jane Henry
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 20:47 GMT (UK) »
I'm going to the Archive tomorrow - I'll have a look

Stewart

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 February 14 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have searched all the death records from 1891 to 1911 for George & Mary Jane Henry and I'm afraid I found nothing.

Have you checked the Mary Jane Henry death in Poole in 1909. She was aged 59 which is about the right age.

Stewart

Offline bristol170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 February 14 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stewart,

many thanks for checking. I will check that record- I've found a reference to Mary Jane elsewhere which seems to suggest she might have lived until 1922. However, one of her sons lived in Radipole, Dorset so your suggestion makes sense! Unfortunately there's no burial record for that Mary Jane Henry within the Dorset burial registers- wouldn't want to make it easy, now, would we!!

Best wishes, Andy