Author Topic: WW1 commemoration exhibition for Bushey in Hertfordshire.  (Read 8644 times)

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WW1 commemoration exhibition for Bushey in Hertfordshire.
« on: Saturday 08 February 14 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Here is a date for your diary.

Bushey during the Great War, A village Remembers.

The exhibition is going to be at the Bushey Academy in Bushey High Street.
Dates 4th August to 24th August.
Please visit our web site to get up to date information about the exhibition and the itinery as well as being able to contribute any family history stories that can be included in the archive section.

www.busheyworldwarone.org.uk.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all at some point within the three weeks.

Jackie. (on behalf of Bushey Museum )

Offline jtas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 commemoration exhibition for Bushey in Hertfordshire.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

On July 12th 2015, at Bushey Rose Gardens, there will be a book launch for the  book that has been put together to commerate the excellent exhibition  from last August, plus much more.  Some of the soldiers autobiographes are in the book and then all of the ones that have been researched will be going online later this year on our web site, busheyduringthegreatwar.

I hope that anyone with a relative or two on the war memorials will look to buy a copy which will be signed by the author Dianne Paynne on the day. It  can also be obtained from Bushey Museum during their opening hours of Thursday- Sunday, 11-4pm after the Rose Gardens event.

I look forward to seeing you there, i will be dressed up in my ww1 nurses uniform and our scottish canadian soldier will also be there.

Jackie.