Author Topic: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup  (Read 5977 times)

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 January 15 20:19 GMT (UK) »
to Aly, and Denny - and everyone else

Photos and info on Glanbrechan and Thomas Jones - sorry to have vanished so suddenly. I have been ill, however now recovering, once I have got through the heap of research I am behind with - and weather is less ghastly (0.5 cm snow which is more than I can bear !)  I will post up any photos I have. Do send me details of what would be useful if you are still searching. 

Re unknown parents of Thomas Jones and/or Elizabeth his wife. The NZ relative thought that Thomas was an illegitimate son of the Jones of Derry Ormond (in Betws Bleddrws, nearby) - however as the house Glanbrechan belonged then to the Powell family of Nanteos and part of that estate perhaps either Thomas or Elizabeth were the offspring of one of the Powells.  On occasion over the years I search for some sort of break-through, but no luck so far.

Jen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline myukkin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear from  you and Happy New Year!  Sorry to that you have not been feeling well!  I wanted to get this message out as I am going to be out of town.  I did get some additional information just after we parted company in December.  I'll be back in a few days.  Weather has been nice for Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.  Ally, if you are copied in on this message, I am very sure we are related and would like to talk to you.  Are you somewhere on the east coast of the U.S.?
Best Regards to all!
Denny Brown
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Morgan, Jones, Richards, Morris, Alban, Harries

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.