Author Topic: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup  (Read 11805 times)

Offline ian_jones64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup
« Reply #18 on: Monday 18 June 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen,

Thanks for the response :)

Thomas was living there in 1786 as he is there for the birth of his son John and is still there around 1800 from the birth of his daughter Jane. He then moves with his wife to his daughter who resides in Trefynor in Gartheli and they die there. I dont know what happens between 1800 and 1841 as there is no information as yet. Thomas comes from Nantcwnlle but I dont find a marriage record for him and his wife Jane. Trying to see if the connection to Betws Bledrws is simply a farm being available or if there is a family connection for example to Glanbrechan.

Thanks again

Ian

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 23 September 18 19:44 BST (UK) »
Following. My great great grandfather was a cooper in betws bledrws around the time you are checking. He lived on the derry ormond estate sp

Offline myukkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 18:14 BST (UK) »
Yasmina4,
Good to see your entry in RootsChat.com.  My cousin Aly and I are researching our great-great-great grandfather, Thomas T Jones born 1804, 1805 and emigrated to the United States with his family in the mid-1830s.  They settled in Jackson County, Ohio which is in SE Ohio. What is your name of interest in central Wales.? I can’t pronounce the actual Welsh name BETWS BLEDRWS.  Sorry!  By knowing your names, perhaps we can figure out where you fit in, if at all. I also found a document referring to Derry Ormand Estate that is connected to our Jones Family but will have to dig it up later as I am heading out of town for a few days. Allie and I are in the United States. I look forward to hearing from you. Dennis Morgan"Denny" Brown.
Morgan, Jones, Richards, Morris, Alban, Harries

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 14:56 BST (UK) »
Are people still researching Thomas Jones, Bettws or Betws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin or Maesyfelin…  (I live in Maesyfelin, a tiny collection of cottages and a few years ago now did quite a bit of research on Thomas T Jones... his house is still there, and a few hundred yards away from me...  )
Jen

Offline myukkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 17:10 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you and hope you are feeling better!  YES, we are still interested in everything related to Thomas T. Jones.  In fact, 40 or so descendants gathered back in late June 2018 for a memorial service for a Jones cousin. This occurred in Jackson County, Ohio where Thomas and Mary (Edwards) settled after they immigrated to the U.S.  I had never met ANY of these third, fourth or fifth cousins until this gathering except through emails.  What a pleasure to meet all of them!!

I have lost track of what you have recorded on Thomas T.  Can you please refresh my feeble memory?  Also, would it be possible to get a few pictures of the old homestead "that still stands"?  Is this in Cardigan or Carmarthen?

You once supplied these email addresses to me.  Are they still valid as I would like to send you a few pictures from the memorial:

(*)
(*)

My email is (*) if you wish to send whatever docs you may have on Thomas T!  I look forward to hearing from you.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Morgan, Jones, Richards, Morris, Alban, Harries

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 20:22 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you... both of those email addresses are in use (Mathias was my maiden name, and is Welsh (Pembrokeshire)… I prefer the jennifercairnsATyahoo.com..   Would love to see the reunion photos. A Thomas T Jones descendant came and stayed twice, many years ago...  he had contacted me via a webpage I ran then, and he got in touch with the webmaster, i.e. me... and asked if I had heard of Glanbrechan, and if I knew anyone interested in local history !    Glanbrechan is the house where the Jones family lived, now just called Maesyfelin House. In the language of heaven, i.e. Welsh !, the prefix Glan means on the banks of a stream, and Brechan is the name of the stream !  It runs down into the Teifi/Teify which then goes on into Carmarthenshire.   I also have various interesting photos, which I will look for over the weekend, haven't read over them for ages... !  I may become mysteriously silent, but as it is Easter a lot is going on.... but will try not to be too long getting back to you.   best wishes... Jen