Author Topic: Losget, Defynog, Breckonshire  (Read 5049 times)

Offline Carandalex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Losget, Defynog, Breckonshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I was quite surprised to see another response to my post.  I had worked out the location of Losged, 2 years ago.  A combination of posts on here and my own knowledge of the area.  I have driven that road many times, in the past, but that was long before I developed an interest in genealogy and so have never visited.  It's interesting that your wife's ancestors lived there at the same time as mine.  I wonder if she has inherited any old documents that might have Robert Candrick's name.  Thank you for responding.

Best Wishes
Carol

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 21:39 BST (UK) »
I was interested to see this thread resurrected, as I was researching Robert Candrick's line a few years ago for a friend of mine, who is descended from him.  I can see your tree on Ancestry, Carandalex, so I know it's the same family.  I used to live in Trecastle, so I knew the area well - now I'm living near Cwmdu where Robert Candrick and family were living in 1851.

Regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Carandalex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 22:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, we have been in touch before.  In fact, we emailed a few times.  Good to see you still active

Best Wishes

Carol