Author Topic: Losget, Defynog, Breckonshire  (Read 7574 times)

Offline Carandalex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Losget, Defynog, Breckonshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I was quite surprised to see another response to my post.  I had worked out the location of Losged, 2 years ago.  A combination of posts on here and my own knowledge of the area.  I have driven that road many times, in the past, but that was long before I developed an interest in genealogy and so have never visited.  It's interesting that your wife's ancestors lived there at the same time as mine.  I wonder if she has inherited any old documents that might have Robert Candrick's name.  Thank you for responding.

Best Wishes
Carol

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 21:39 BST (UK) »
I was interested to see this thread resurrected, as I was researching Robert Candrick's line a few years ago for a friend of mine, who is descended from him.  I can see your tree on Ancestry, Carandalex, so I know it's the same family.  I used to live in Trecastle, so I knew the area well - now I'm living near Cwmdu where Robert Candrick and family were living in 1851.

Regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carandalex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 22:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, we have been in touch before.  In fact, we emailed a few times.  Good to see you still active

Best Wishes

Carol