Author Topic: Robert LATTA b cir 1816  (Read 7514 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Robert LATTA b cir 1816
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 April 14 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Welcome to RootsChat, Leon  :)

I am just adding a link to this old post by another person from 2009 for the same family which may help, for additional background www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=387464.0

Ambly mentioned in the other post that she was very interested in the surname of Latta. I can also see this site here www.lattafamilyorigins.org/index.html which might be of interest.

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline leonlatta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 April 14 06:55 BST (UK) »
Hi there everyone.
I am so happy that after all my years of sitting in my little office, delving back in the past and the experience of finding a connection was a 'solo' event, to now have people to talk to who are interested in my hobby. Thanks everyone, I feel that the 'solo' experience, is going to be a thing of the past. I appreciate the help and the interest. I now feel that there is a wealth of knowledge out there in 'ciberland' that I actually have access to.
Fond regards to you all - Leon LATTA

Offline Jenny Haydon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 April 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Leon
Just wondering if you worked out a connection for the two Robert Lattas in Sydney. I thought maybe they might be cousins?? Have you found emigration or any additional information.
Jenny

Offline jgm

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 22:27 BST (UK) »
Do not know if you are aware there is a latta street in dumbarton. Apparently named after a councillor. Lot of info stored in dumbarton library

Offline teresamct

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 December 21 20:04 GMT (UK) »
good evening from Scotland. I am a direct descendant of Robert Latta (1805 - 1882) and Janet Lindsay (1808 - 1896). Robert is my 3x great grandfather

we are all pretty much Ayrshire based so not sure where the Dumbarton connection fits in.

Robert did have 5 brothers although the branch from his brother James is connected to Maybole / Ayrshire / Glasgow areas as i am in touch with James' 3x great grandson

i also have occasional contact with another member who is directly related to those that went to Australia. i am hoping he can clear up some details for the Australian side as i have William Gowdie as a child of my Robert but details on this thread have him as son of Robert from Dumbarton

Teresa

Offline mrs acb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 October 23 08:43 BST (UK) »

Hi as someone before me said there is a Latta Street in Dumbarton and the local libary will be able to provide you with the history of that.
 I also went to school in Dumbarton and there was a Robert Latta in my class, he will be in his 50s now. Might be an idea to go onto the Dumbarton Memories page on Facebook and ask around there about the RLs of Dumbarton :)