Author Topic: Elizabeth Rowlands ( B 1809 , Tywyn)  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Rowlands ( B 1809 , Tywyn)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
My ggg-grandfather was widowed in 1851, and I think he died in 1859. I'm trying to remember what made me think he married your ancestor - I think it was a newspaper article on her death, which said that she was the 'relic of John Rowlands, rate collector' or something like that.
    My ggg-grandmother , first (?) wife of John Rowlands, was also called Elizabeth, and its only after the original postings that I confirmed that she died first, by seeing her grave.
An Elizabeth Richards( 1800 - 21/12/1880)and  David Richards( 1800 - 21/12/1880), are buried next to my ggg-grandparents. I've only just spotted that now. Are we talking about the same people ?
Owen , Parry , Pritchard, Foulkes  o Llanddeiniolen
Jones o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Rowlands ( B 1809 , Tywyn)
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 23:18 GMT (UK) »
No - found the original newspaper article - the widow of John Rowlands rate collector died aged 67 in June 1880. How many Elizabeth Rowlands's were there in tywyn ?????
Jones o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Jones o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn