Author Topic: Robina[robena]Jack or Riach  (Read 5599 times)

Offline morgan 55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robina[robena]Jack or Riach
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 February 14 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Seen the original census.tract the rest of the family except Robina so if she did go to America then it would have to be after the 1901 census was taken

Offline morgan 55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 February 14 15:33 GMT (UK) »
The family that she worked for are known as the Grant-Peterkin family and the live about Kinloss Moray they are still there.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 February 14 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Robina could have travelled between Censuses to America with the Grant-Peterkin family and returned.
Seems strange to give place of birth  as America if not only she'd not been born there but she'd never even been there.
As Monica asked have you looked at the actual Census (handwritten) not a transcription ? Poor handwriting can often be mistranscribed and give wrong info.

Seen the original census.tract the rest of the family except Robina so if she did go to America then it would have to be after the 1901 census was taken

I'm sorry I don't understand which original Census have you seen :-[  1901 Census has Robina with her family. She is not with them in 1881 (with Grandmother) and 1891 (with employers). Are you referring to 1911 Census?

Looby :)

Offline morgan 55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 17 February 14 19:34 GMT (UK) »
I have a copy of the 1901 census Elgin Moray Scotland from SP this is where i found out that she had changed her name to Riach and that she said that she was born in America can,t understand why she said that. On the 1911 census she is not with her family they have moved to Forres moray. Yes it is a puzzle that has baffled me for years.