Author Topic: help with 1861 marriage Killucan, Westmeath of Emily Fleeson  (Read 3583 times)

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
help with 1861 marriage Killucan, Westmeath of Emily Fleeson
« on: Sunday 16 February 14 02:51 GMT (UK) »
I have other posts on different boards and I am never sure where to post information, so my apologizes in advance - just thought the heading on this board was a good place to post my query

My query stems from the 1861 marriage Killucan, Westmeath of Emily Fleeson (and James Elliott)
I now have probate details for William Fleeson who died 23 May 1859 at Mullingar (late of Killucan Mullingar County Westmeath) and probate was granted to Plunket Fleeson of Mooretown Castletowndelvin, Westmeath - painter and the brother of William

Emily's father is listed as Plunkett Fleeson so I am thinking the above Plunket and William are connected to Emily Fleeson.   Very keen to find mother of Emily (wife of Plunkett) and any other family members including children of Emily Fleeson (after 1861 Elliott) - Emily's husband James Elliott maybe a policeman (father Thomas) - waiting on confirmation from 1861 marriage certificate

Also know that a Plunkett Fleeson lived Castletown Delvin 1827 - from land details

Any clues greatly appreciated, regards .......... Alison - Australia

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: help with ancestors from Westmeath
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 February 14 06:33 GMT (UK) »
Tara - yes I have been looking for these people on and off over the years. I did not realize that all the boards were connected. I keep hoping a clue will come from my messages. Rootschat people have been very helpful and provided amazing information. I seem to struggle with searching and don't seem to be able to find details like other people. Anything is always sincerely appreciated. I am amazed by your link to the meat website - how do you find that - looks like Plunkett Fleeson is a farmer that supplies meat to Dublin............. regards Alison

Offline lavender-blue

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: help with 1861 marriage Killucan, Westmeath of Emily Fleeson
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 June 14 20:14 BST (UK) »
A Plunket Fleeson , farmer, was living near Tarrellspass. Co. Westmeath in the  early 1960's . i believe he was a constant visitor to our family home. I thought I heard his family originated from Co. laois and there was also a Canadian connection. 

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: help with 1861 marriage Killucan, Westmeath of Emily Fleeson
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 07:55 BST (UK) »
How fascinating that you think Plunket Fleeson visited your family home. What does Co. laois mean in your message?    I am intrigued by your comment of the Canadian connection - hadn't heard that before.   I have been trying to trace Emily Fleeson for many years but have struggled however thanks to wonderful people on rootschat I have a few pieces of the jigsaw, regards Alison - Australia