Author Topic: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine  (Read 6479 times)

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying a new approach here now - all these names and places ( Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut and Maine) all come up in my search for any living relatives of my gt grandfather David Beveridge of Hartford Connecticut. So if anyone recognises them please give me a message!!

Thanks,

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps if we work forward as far as we can with the families there would be a likely hood of someone picking the thread up on google ? Or someone picking up obituaries for the families.

Norman R Bjork the son of Ralph and Jennie (nee Beveridge) Bjork born 5 Nov 1925 died July 1976 - Last Residence 06413  Clinton, Middlesex, Connecticut.  SSN issued Connecticut (Before 1951)
Norman was married at age 35 years  16 September 1961 Clinton, Middlesex, Connecticut.

The daughter was in the Hartford Connecticut City Directory in 1952 as married and moved to Westport New York but I can't see a sign of her so far.

Father Ralph Bjork - 15 Mar 1895 - died 14 January 1983 - Spouse - Jenni -Ralph was a letter carrier.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Allan Beveridge son of David born 30 Jan 1901 (or 30 Jan 1899 according to WW1 Draft) - died April 1945- SSN issued Connecticut (Before 1951). Allan was on the Ohio death Index as well - died 2 April 1945 Toledo Ohio. Allan's middle name was George.
Daughter could still be living - no married name so far.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Beveridge born 26 th June 1892 Palmer Hamden Massachusetts son of David and Rachel.
Thomas died 18 March 1979 aged 86 years - Rocky Hill, Connecticut. Thomas was married to Clara S Strang. Thomas was a member of The Loyal Order of the Moose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyal_Order_of_Moose

Clara Beveridge - Born 6 Jan 1899 died July 1987 - Last Residence 06111  Newington, Hartford, Connecticut.   SSN issued Connecticut (1965-1966) -  Widowed -  Husband Thomas. 41 Centerwood Rd 06111 Newington Connecticut.

Thomas and Clara had 2 children :- Robert G Beveridge born in 1921 and Marjorie born 1924

Robert G. Beveridge - Born 27 Sep 1920 - died 12 September 1981 - SSN issued Connecticut (Before 1951)
Marjorie R Beveridge - Born  9 Mar 1924 - died  4 th March 1979 - Last Residence and benefit
06111  Newington, Hartford, Connecticut. Marjorie never married. 

Sandra

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
Thanks for the help.
Jennie's obituary : 1975 age 80 of Clinton formerly East Hartford. It mentions son Norman, daughter Evelyn Siewert and brother Thomas of Newington. Also four grandchildren. I have the names of grandchildren but don't think I can post as they may still be alive.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 19:42 GMT (UK) »
The daughter of Jennie may still be living, I haven't come across a death record for her which would mean you may have to remove her name. (no living people rule)  Have you tried whitepages usa, spokeo, switchboard.com etc to see if you can find those grandchildren listed on the obituary?

Sandra

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
Sorry our posts crossed there.  I only have two names for the grandchildren (sorry not the four as stated on the obit) both from Norman and both girls - assuming they married their names would have changed that's why i put the names on here as they are quite unusual.  The other two are probably from Evelyn Seiwert as it looks like Robert Beveridge son of Thomas didn't marry and neither did Marjorie.
The name Seiwert seems to change quite a lot.  Ralph S Bjork (Jennie's husband and father of Norman and Evelyn) died in 1983 and had lived in Moodus for the past 6 months.  His daughter E***** also of Moodus.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 20:06 GMT (UK) »
There is a death for a David Merrow born 26 March 1953 and died 1 August 2013, this would be a son of the daughter of Ralph and Jenny (nee Beveridge) Bjork. Will send you the obit by pm

Sandra

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Fred I Collis was the husband of Elizabeth M Beveridge (daughter of David and Rachel  - my ggrandfather).  I have no obit for either only a 1930 census in Hampden Palmertown Mass. They have one son living with them Leonard but whether he is the only child i don't know. Fred is 42 and she is 40 on the census. It has also been spelled Collins.
Yeoman was the surname of Jennie Beveridge (David's sister) They are on the 1910 census with daughter Dorothy in Berkshire Mass. She married John C Yeoman. No obits for any of them yet.
I have an obit for Allan - he lived in Toledo Ohio and died aged 44 as you said.  His wife was Jessie Griggs (forgot to put that name in) one daughter Jeane.
That's about it up to now!!