Author Topic: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine  (Read 6784 times)

Offline familyof6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 13 November 16 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
I see you're online, and I was trying to reach "Crayspond". I just happened to come upon this site and saw she was looking for Bjork family members.  I am one of them!  My father was Norman R. Bjork.  My grandparents were Ralph and Jennifer Bjork, and my aunt was Evelyn Siewert.  I would love to get in touch with her.  It seems she's not online often from what I can tell. I am new to this site.  I was shocked someone was looking for members of my family.  Any help is appreciated.  My married name is Linda Graham. 

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 November 16 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat

Crayspond has not been on line for a year now but now you have made 2 posts - try the personal message system and Crayspond might get your message.

Always people willing to help if you have any genealogy questions yourself.

Good Luck
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 14 November 16 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi - Crayspond here! I saw the message last night before i went to bed. It's true i have not been on this great site for a while. I will send a pm to familyof6 when i get my files out.
Thanks Sandra.

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 15 November 16 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Just to say I've sent familyof6 two private messages. Thanks for letting me know she was trying to get in touch.

Crayspond

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 15 November 16 18:56 GMT (UK) »
It is always great to get any update, thank you very much. Pleased that you are in touch with someone and hope you can both hep each other.

Good Luck
Regards
Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shshome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 20 November 16 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,
Norman Bjork was my mother's cousin.  Their fathers, Ralph and Irving Carl, were brothers.
Sarah

Offline shshome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 20 November 16 02:06 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible that Ralph and Jennie Bjork's "daughter" Dorothy, mentioned in these messages was really Norman's cousin Dorothy Bjork, daughter of Otto Bjork?  I always believed that Otto's daughter Dorothy (b. 02-06-1903 In NH) lived with Ralph Bjork and the rest of the extended Bjork family at 30 Hamilton St in Hartford after Otto's wife died and Otto and children moved to Hartford. Is this possible or am I confusing two different Dorothys?

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 20 November 16 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible that Ralph and Jennie Bjork's "daughter" Dorothy, mentioned in these messages was really Norman's cousin Dorothy Bjork, daughter of Otto Bjork?  I always believed that Otto's daughter Dorothy (b. 02-06-1903 In NH) lived with Ralph Bjork and the rest of the extended Bjork family at 30 Hamilton St in Hartford after Otto's wife died and Otto and children moved to Hartford. Is this possible or am I confusing two different Dorothys?
Hi shshome,
This is news to me - I have the census with Jennie and John Yeoman also Dorothy as daughter but her age is hard to decipher its either 3,5 or 8.  That could fit in with your Dorothy. The answer would be to look for a birth cert for Dorothy mother Jennie Yeoman father John Yeoman. Unfortunately i don't have ancestry at the moment maybe someone could help?
Crayspond

Offline shshome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 21 November 16 11:01 GMT (UK) »
I did find a birth record for Dorothy Mitchell Yeoman, daughter of John and Jennie Yeoman, born Dec 24, 1906, in North Adams , Massachusetts.  This must be your Dorothy.