Author Topic: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine  (Read 4621 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 20:34 GMT (UK) »
There is an obituary (with photograph)  for Leonard S Collis 2 nd April 1923- Published in San Diego Union-Tribune on June 18, 2011 - SSN issued Massachusetts (Before 1951)
Leonard who died 13 Jun 2011 La Mesa California. Middle name Stuart - Burial Foothills United Methodist Church Columbarium La Mesa, California.

http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/person/3767111

Springfield, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1959 shows Leonard and wife - 155 Chestnut h 33 Coomes Springfield Massachusetts. Occupation :- Clerk. 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Fred and Elizabeth should be in Springfield Massachusetts in 1940 - Springfield, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1940 - Fred I Collis - Stationary Engineer - Spfd h 575 Rimmon Av.

Holyoke, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1943 - Fred I Collis (Eng SPFD) - Elizabeth M Collis - 35 Haven Hill - also listed Leonard Collis - in US Navy - r 35 haven Hill.

1948 they are all listed - plus Leonard S (wife is also named) rem to Spfd

Chicopee, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1951  - Fred I Collis (Engineer) and Elizabeth M - 35 Haven Ave.

Fred's middle initial I is Ira

Massachusetts Masobns Card - Fred Ira Collis - 26 Jul 1887 Bondsville died 5 Jan 1952 Chicopee, Massachusetts. - Lodge :- Thomas - Engineer. Iniated 10-1-1921

1953 Chicopee Directory - Ellizabeth wid of Fred - rem to Spfd.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 21:08 GMT (UK) »
That's a great bit of detective work there Sandra! Seems like they only had Leonard after all. The American directories do seem to give you a lot of information. You are a star.  It's good to find out what happened to them - the wonders of technology. Thanks again.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 21:11 GMT (UK) »
You're very welcome. It is amazing how many times people "google" and are directed to rootschat -lots of people of made contact this way. Hope you are lucky.

Sandra  ;)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Dorothy Yeoman daughter of Jennie and John C Yeoman was Dorothy George born 24 December 1906 and died December 1977 - Last Residence 01237  Lanesboro, Berkshire, Massachusetts  - Last Benefit 01267  Williamstown, Berkshire, Massachusetts.
Dorothy was married to Earl Victor George born 10 August 1895 Massachusetts - son of Harry George and Cassie.
Earl George born 10 Aug 1895 - 24 Jun 1991 - Williamstown Massachusetts -   SSN issued New York (Before 1951) Worked for himself in 1942 - Foxcroft Farm, Williamstown, Berkshire. MA.

The youngest child listed on the 1930 Census with Earl and Dorothy was Kenneth Yeoman George.
Kenneth born 21 Mar 1929 North Adams. Died 8 Aug 1991 Pownal, Bennington, Vermont. Veteran:
World War II Era. Occupayion:- Truck Driver. Informant was his ex-wife Jeanette (now deceased) Kenneth married Jeanette Perkins 30 Dec 1950 North Bennington, Bennington, Vermont. (These are the details for Jeanette, I wonder if Kenneth, who also lived in Pownal, is buried at the same Cemetery  ???)
The obituary for Jeanette says she was survived by 4 sons (all surname George) and 2 daughters 

FIND A GRAVE

Jeanette Perkins Hurley - 25 Dec 1927 - 21 June 2007

Burial: Morgan-Towslee Cemetery  Pownal Bennington County Vermont.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0y6t/ 

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Jean Beveridge George born 7 th January 1932 - Daughter of Earl and Dorothy. Jean was married twice. Second Marriage -under Jean Beveridge Rousseau aged 66 years.
Jean died Jean Beveridge Doyle -  30 Mar 2007 - Bennington, Vermont.  SSN issued Massachusetts (Before 1951)

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Earl Victor George son of Earl and Dorothy born 8 Dec 1935 Williamstown Massachusetts Last residence was 01237 Lanesboro, Berkshire, Massachusetts. SSN issued Massachusetts 1952-1954

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Jennie Beveridge Yeoman born 1877 died 10 Dec 1950 Williamstown, Massachusetts.
Have you tried contacting the library there for obituary ?
John Charles yeoman died 1947 -  Jenny widowed at 52 Richview Ave in 1948

Sandra

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
Great work with the Yeoman family - thanks.  I will have to print it out after i have digested it all! 
I had sort of came to a dead end with Jennie - the only info i found on her was the 1910 census in North Adamson Berkshire. She was living with John, Dorothy and her mother Jane Beveridge.  They must have moved and at the time i had so many leads to follow she probably slipped down the list.
I had great success with a librarian in East Hartford so i maybe will contact a librarian in Williamstown.
It was great to find Jane Beveridge on the census - she was my gt gt grandmother - and had left Scotland along with children David,Thomas,George,Jane(Jennie) and Catherine (Katie).  Her husband Thomas(their father) drowned in 1883 off the Bay of Biscay while working as a seaman. Whether they left because of this i am not sure.  Thomas and George are both together on a ship in 1882,and David in 1887 sailing to Boston.  Jane and the two girls turn up in 1900 in Adams. Jennie 22 and Katie 19. I can't find Katie again after this.  I  also never found Thomas which is why i started these postings.  I hope it is not too confusing!!