Author Topic: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine  (Read 6478 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 20:34 GMT (UK) »
There is an obituary (with photograph)  for Leonard S Collis 2 nd April 1923- Published in San Diego Union-Tribune on June 18, 2011 - SSN issued Massachusetts (Before 1951)
Leonard who died 13 Jun 2011 La Mesa California. Middle name Stuart - Burial Foothills United Methodist Church Columbarium La Mesa, California.

http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/person/3767111

Springfield, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1959 shows Leonard and wife - 155 Chestnut h 33 Coomes Springfield Massachusetts. Occupation :- Clerk. 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Fred and Elizabeth should be in Springfield Massachusetts in 1940 - Springfield, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1940 - Fred I Collis - Stationary Engineer - Spfd h 575 Rimmon Av.

Holyoke, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1943 - Fred I Collis (Eng SPFD) - Elizabeth M Collis - 35 Haven Hill - also listed Leonard Collis - in US Navy - r 35 haven Hill.

1948 they are all listed - plus Leonard S (wife is also named) rem to Spfd

Chicopee, Massachusetts, City Directory, 1951  - Fred I Collis (Engineer) and Elizabeth M - 35 Haven Ave.

Fred's middle initial I is Ira

Massachusetts Masobns Card - Fred Ira Collis - 26 Jul 1887 Bondsville died 5 Jan 1952 Chicopee, Massachusetts. - Lodge :- Thomas - Engineer. Iniated 10-1-1921

1953 Chicopee Directory - Ellizabeth wid of Fred - rem to Spfd.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 21:08 GMT (UK) »
That's a great bit of detective work there Sandra! Seems like they only had Leonard after all. The American directories do seem to give you a lot of information. You are a star.  It's good to find out what happened to them - the wonders of technology. Thanks again.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 21:11 GMT (UK) »
You're very welcome. It is amazing how many times people "google" and are directed to rootschat -lots of people of made contact this way. Hope you are lucky.

Sandra  ;)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Dorothy Yeoman daughter of Jennie and John C Yeoman was Dorothy George born 24 December 1906 and died December 1977 - Last Residence 01237  Lanesboro, Berkshire, Massachusetts  - Last Benefit 01267  Williamstown, Berkshire, Massachusetts.
Dorothy was married to Earl Victor George born 10 August 1895 Massachusetts - son of Harry George and Cassie.
Earl George born 10 Aug 1895 - 24 Jun 1991 - Williamstown Massachusetts -   SSN issued New York (Before 1951) Worked for himself in 1942 - Foxcroft Farm, Williamstown, Berkshire. MA.

The youngest child listed on the 1930 Census with Earl and Dorothy was Kenneth Yeoman George.
Kenneth born 21 Mar 1929 North Adams. Died 8 Aug 1991 Pownal, Bennington, Vermont. Veteran:
World War II Era. Occupayion:- Truck Driver. Informant was his ex-wife Jeanette (now deceased) Kenneth married Jeanette Perkins 30 Dec 1950 North Bennington, Bennington, Vermont. (These are the details for Jeanette, I wonder if Kenneth, who also lived in Pownal, is buried at the same Cemetery  ???)
The obituary for Jeanette says she was survived by 4 sons (all surname George) and 2 daughters 

FIND A GRAVE

Jeanette Perkins Hurley - 25 Dec 1927 - 21 June 2007

Burial: Morgan-Towslee Cemetery  Pownal Bennington County Vermont.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0y6t/ 

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Jean Beveridge George born 7 th January 1932 - Daughter of Earl and Dorothy. Jean was married twice. Second Marriage -under Jean Beveridge Rousseau aged 66 years.
Jean died Jean Beveridge Doyle -  30 Mar 2007 - Bennington, Vermont.  SSN issued Massachusetts (Before 1951)

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Earl Victor George son of Earl and Dorothy born 8 Dec 1935 Williamstown Massachusetts Last residence was 01237 Lanesboro, Berkshire, Massachusetts. SSN issued Massachusetts 1952-1954

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Jennie Beveridge Yeoman born 1877 died 10 Dec 1950 Williamstown, Massachusetts.
Have you tried contacting the library there for obituary ?
John Charles yeoman died 1947 -  Jenny widowed at 52 Richview Ave in 1948

Sandra

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
Great work with the Yeoman family - thanks.  I will have to print it out after i have digested it all! 
I had sort of came to a dead end with Jennie - the only info i found on her was the 1910 census in North Adamson Berkshire. She was living with John, Dorothy and her mother Jane Beveridge.  They must have moved and at the time i had so many leads to follow she probably slipped down the list.
I had great success with a librarian in East Hartford so i maybe will contact a librarian in Williamstown.
It was great to find Jane Beveridge on the census - she was my gt gt grandmother - and had left Scotland along with children David,Thomas,George,Jane(Jennie) and Catherine (Katie).  Her husband Thomas(their father) drowned in 1883 off the Bay of Biscay while working as a seaman. Whether they left because of this i am not sure.  Thomas and George are both together on a ship in 1882,and David in 1887 sailing to Boston.  Jane and the two girls turn up in 1900 in Adams. Jennie 22 and Katie 19. I can't find Katie again after this.  I  also never found Thomas which is why i started these postings.  I hope it is not too confusing!!