Author Topic: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine  (Read 6785 times)

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Bjork, Seiwert, Yeoman, Collis, Beveridge in Connecticut, Maine
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 13:05 GMT (UK) »
I also wrote away for David Beveridge's death cert - he died in 1946 in East Hartford age 82 (but really 84). Informant was Mrs Ralph Bjork.
His mother Jane Beveridge married again (No details of the marriage) to William Booth. I got this information from Death cert. She died 16/06/1911 aged 64 her address is North Adams Mass. Place of burial Southview N.Adams.  Informant Mrs Charles Yeoman.
I suppose it will always niggle at me why they picked Boston to emigrate.  It could have been someone in her family.  Her name was Jane Mitchell before her marriage to Thomas in 1862 in Bridgeton Glasgow. Her father was Daniel Mitchell (cotton spinner) and Mary Mitchell.
I can go back to 1715 by documents for the Beveridges.  A marriage between John Belfrage and Janet Bell in Inverkeithing Fife.

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Had a reply from the Williamstown Library today re obituary for Jennie Beveridge Yeoman as follows

Unfortunately, we are only 15 years old and have been posting obituaries since about 2000.

If she was living in Williamstown, the obituary may have been published in the North Adams Transcript or The Berkshire Eagle of Pittsfield. The Transcript was recently closed and merged with the Eagle. They do not have anything online past about 2000 either, but you might come across an obituary through one of the online genealogy or old newspaper sites.

Another possibility is the North Adams Public Library or the Milne Public Library in Williamstown. I know they offer some genealogy help in-house but not how much long distance help they do.

Good luck in your search,

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 23:40 GMT (UK) »
I found an obituary for Jennie's daughter Dorothy in the North Adams Transcript & Berkshire Eagle, but nothing for Jennie as of yet.  I'll send you a PM with the information about Dorothy's survivors.

Offline shshome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 21 April 14 01:12 BST (UK) »
Ralph Bjork was my grandfather's brother.  I have some info on the Bjork family, but am always looking for more to fill gaps!

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 21 April 14 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi shshome,

Thanks for contacting me - It's always great to hear from someone who has an interest in their family tree.  I will be posting soon regarding contact i have had with living Bjork relatives.  Thanks to the great help from Rootschat members.  Please pm me with details of your relative and i will let you know what i have.

Regards
Ailsa

Offline shshome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 02:02 BST (UK) »
Ailsa:  I will PM you, but I have to make 3 posts before I'm allowed to use the PM function.  This is #2.
Sarah

Offline shshome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 02:03 BST (UK) »
Ailsa:  I will PM you, but I have to make 3 posts before I'm allowed to use the PM function.  This is #3.
Sarah

Offline crayspond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 13 June 14 18:16 BST (UK) »
I would like to thank all the people who helped me in my quest to find my lost relations in the USA.
Sorry it has taken me so long to post on this subject, the reason being that I decided to write to the person in question (she is still alive so i will not be naming her). I found her name and address on the white pages and tried to make the letter as simple as i could. I was not holding out much hope for a reply. I included a copy of the birth certificate as proof of my findings.. I included in my letter my address, phone no and Facebook details. After about 2 weeks i received a message in my Facebook box from her grandson.  He is 30 and has a brother of 27 (more or less the same age as my kids).  He says he is delighted to find out about family living in the UK.  I filled him in about my life and he is now a Facebook "friend".  He said his dad and his grandmother would be in touch via email.
I had a lovely email from his dad - and then only 3 weeks ago i had an email from my gt grandfather's grand daughter.She explained that it took her a while to fully digest the letter .  She told me what he was like and a bit about his life as he lived with them until he died. As you can imagine i was delighted to hear these snippets about someone i had only known through records and certificates.  I have been filling her in slowly with the info i have and to where the Beveridge family originated. So a good result all round - thanks to everyone here.
I also passed on details of the Bjork member that got in touch with me.  They were delighted with yet another family connection.
It pays to persevere in the genealogy search.  I have been looking for this connection for nearly 10 years!

All the best to everyone,

Ailsa

Offline familyof6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 November 16 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am the daughter of Norman R. Bjork.  Granddaughter of Ralph and Jennifer Bjork.  My aunt is Evelyn Seiwert.  My parent's divorced when my sister Lisa and I were young.  My sister Lisa passed away about 5 years ago.  I am married and have four children of my own. Please feel free to contact me anytime.  My name is now Linda Graham (maiden name Bjork).