Author Topic: Catherine Edington m. Thomas McKenzie  (Read 3829 times)

Offline kb0fhp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Edington m. Thomas McKenzie
« on: Saturday 01 March 14 01:34 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the death record of Catherine Edington who married Thomas McKenzie 1814 in North Berwick, East Lothian.  I have her as a widow in the 1851 census, West Fenton, Dirleton.  She was born about 1793 from the census.  I have not been able to find her death or parents.  I have looked for census records for her children to no avail.  She either remarried or died prior to the 1861 census.

I have looked on SP for a possible death with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Edington m. Thomas McKenzie
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 March 14 06:26 GMT (UK) »
Scotlands People lists the death of a Catherine McKenzie widow on 23 June 1860 at Athelstanford. 

Age listed as 69  Father Thomas Erdington Labourer Deceased Mother Catherine Erdington Maiden Name Napier Deceased. Died of 8 day paralysis and the death reported by son in law Peter Horsburgh?

Kay

Edit - the site also lists a marriages of the two daughters living with Catherine in 1851 - Christina McKenzie to James Simpson at Athelstaneford on 10th July 1853  and on 22 July 1854 Margaret McKenzie to Peter Horsburgh at Athelstaneford

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 March 14 07:10 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage  of a Catharine Napier to Thomas Edington on  20 Feb 1787 at Athelstaneford

Kay

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 March 14 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

On FreeReg, Catherine Edington born 25 Oct 1791 and baptised 06 Nov 1791 at Athelstaneford parish church. Parents were Thomas Edington and Catherine Napier, witness by John and Archibald Napier

http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Baptisms&RecordID=8441485

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline kb0fhp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 March 14 17:54 GMT (UK) »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  I am not sure how I could have missed that.  I looked on SP for her death and was not able to find it.  I had suspected that her parents were Thomas Edington and Catherine Napier based on names, but had nothing to prove it.  Your find on SP proves it.  Peter Horsburgh is husband of Margaret McKenzie. This was confirmed in the will of Alexander McKenzie (d. 1891).