Author Topic: The new Findmypast (Part 3)  (Read 25166 times)

Offline dizzybella

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The new Findmypast (Part 3)
« on: Saturday 01 March 14 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Anyone having problems with the new FindMyPast..i cannot veiw images, or print direct from the site..no print button..

Continued from:
The new Findmypast (Part 1)
The new Findmypast (Part 2)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The new Findmypast (Part 3)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 March 14 13:22 GMT (UK) »
What are you trying to print  :-\   Looking at census transcripts does it give the option to see the printer friendly version

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dizzybella

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 March 14 13:30 GMT (UK) »
there no option to print..when i veiw images there just a blank page

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 March 14 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I can't be of more help, I still have the old version for my credits.

Offline dizzybella

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 March 14 14:09 GMT (UK) »
i wonder why mine has change to the new version,..i think you must have to veiw, open image to print from there...but i can't veiw the images..its just blank

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 March 14 14:29 GMT (UK) »
I think they plan to phase it in so we don't all shout at them at once  :-\ 

I was going to suggest contacting them but their office hours are Mon-Fri  http://www.findmypast.co.uk/contact-us

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 March 14 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Yes I notice at times it shows as blank, ignore, save to your computer then open from your computer and you will see the image is saved...........
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 March 14 20:34 GMT (UK) »
I've a subscription and am still on the old site, although do get the new search and viewer for the British India Office records and even this has changed since they originally launched them.  There was somewhat of a delay in the image appearing when I tried it just now and only get a download option so you would have to save it to print.  I have to admit I prefer the "new" viewer they were trialling when the BIO records first appeared rather than this one. ::)

dizzybella, the problem may be a browser plug-in that they are using on the new viewer, although as far as I can see my IE11 is only using Adobe Shockwave Flash.  I think, as Rosie, has said, you'll need to phone them during office hours.

As Rosie says, they are apparently moving people over gradually, although I did originally click the link to be moved over sooner than later, but nothing has happened so far ....
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 31 March 14 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Is anyone else having problems with the FindMyPast new format?

I logged on today to find that I have been 'shifted' to the new format. I wanted to search  the census records and found that not only did I not like the new format (bad luck for me), but after searching for my person and selecting the correct one from the list presented, I could no longer view the transcript for the household. I can only view the transcript for the person I selected.

In addition, because my person could not be found in the 1891 census, I tried to search for the 1881 address in 1891 (something I could do on the old format) to see who was living there and whether it was my person. However, that facility also seems to have been removed as I could not do it. There is a box for an address but I think that is assuming you have already entered a name but if I tried to search the address without a name, I couldn't get it to work. Has anyone else tried or been able to?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but on face value, the 'improvements' they have made to this site have removed some of the features I used.  What do others think who are using it?

Regards Eliza.
BLANCH London, Kent, Cumberland, Sunderland WALTON Cumberland, WILSON Cumberland, New Zealand, GRAHAM Cumbria/USA,  DUNN Woolwich Kent, BLAKE Northumberland HENDERSON Renfrewshire PATERSON Argyllshire HALLAM Surrey BYRNE Dublin, BURNS Glasgow, DENSTON/BARBER Staff., WADMAN Somerset, DALE Middlesex, AIMERS Selkirkshire, BORTHWICK Berwickshire