Author Topic: Hi, I am a decendant of Maryanne Grantham  (Read 1811 times)

Offline carolhuia.smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, I am a decendant of Maryanne Grantham
« on: Sunday 02 March 14 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Maryanne Grantham is my great great grandmother. She married Samuel Frederick Timmo. they were crew on the Opawa, he was a chef, and she was a maid, she was 15. Their daughter Ellen Beatrice Timmo married into the Martin family. Her daughter Florence May Martin married Charles Arthur Smith. Their son Terence Ernest Smith is my dad.

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I am a decendant of Maryanne Grantham
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 March 14 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Carol, I put a link to this thread in the Grantham-Timmo thread so hopefully your relatives will come and see this.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 March 14 01:39 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Carol.  :)

Is there anything specific you are looking for? Living relatives? Looking to trace your ancestors further back?

Rootschat is generally a site for tracing ancestors and the policy here is that we are not allowed to mention anyone still living, however sometimes we do have successes tracing the living, often using the personal messaging system. This way names are kept off the public forum. After you have made three posts this will be available to you.

Let us know if you need any help going further back, giving us as many details as you can. Good luck.  :)

Offline carolhuia.smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi, I am a decendant of Maryanne Grantham
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 March 14 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Maryanne Grantham is my great great grandmother. She married Samuel Frederick Timmo. they were crew on the Opawa, he was a chef, and she was a maid, she was 15. Their daughter Ellen Beatrice Timmo married into the Martin family. Her daughter Florence May Martin married Charles Arthur Smith. Their son (*) is my dad.

(*) Edit by Moderator: Name of living person removed.

Offline carolhuia.smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 March 14 02:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 March 14 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Carolhuia,
You seem to be posting multiple threads looking for the same (or related) people.

This is discouraged as you often find different people reply to different topics and supply the same information. They may spend a lot of time looking for information only to find you have already been given it on a different thread. Of course, if they have wasted their time, they can feel a bit annoyed. ;)

You might be better off waiting till you receive some replies to your first thread, then later start a new topic to look for anything specific that you need to clarify. In these cases you should always supply a link to related threads.

Moderator comment: topics merged.

Offline samanthasmith

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 March 16 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am a descendant from Maryanne Grantham and Samuel Frederick Timmo.
Their daughter Mary ann (Polly) Timmo married Toko Ratima Pakai from Te Hauke. (both deceased)
Their daughter Hauri Pakai married Lester Edward Hoera Smith. (both deceased)

(*) Edit by Moderator: Name of possibly living persons removed. Best to exchange this information by PM.

If anyone has any photos of mary anne and samuel would be amazing to see. I have a copy of the family photo when all the children were young but have not been able to find anything else.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 21 March 16 06:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carolhuia.smith, and welcome to RootsChat. :) :)

I think it would be best if your topic is moved across the the New Zealand Board where the locals should be able to help you find more information. I'll do so shortly.

By the way, RootsChat doesn't allow us to name living or possibly living persons, so your father's name will need to be deleted to protect his privacy.

Likewise for the personal information contained in Samanthasmith's post.

RootsChat members have access to the Personal Message ('PM') facility after making three posts to any topic. I encourage you both to reply twice more, even with just a smiley, to achieve three posts. Then you can communicate off forum and exchange personal information and email addresses.

Congratulations on finding each other. :) :)

Spades

ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline Riki Tumohe Clark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 23 March 17 11:41 GMT (UK) »
help! Please help us find our tupuna/ancestors Samuel Frederick Timmo. We know he was born in chennai India however we are wanting to go back a bit further and also find out exactly where he was born. Was he Indian? English born in India? Any information is helpful as we are planning a trip to India to find out where he was born and raised and also what our other bloodlines are :) any help is appreciated!

Thank you!