Author Topic: Help looking for the family of Marcelli Magnone B: 1858 Italy  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Amanda June Hagarty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help looking for the family of Marcelli Magnone B: 1858 Italy
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 June 17 04:16 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am also related to Marcelli/Marcello Magnone....sort of. I am still trying to track it down again but previously I had found evidence that Jennie Magnone (my great grandmother) was adopted by Marcello along with her brother Louis (Noah?). I think they were from a previous marriage of Margaret Simpson. Not sure if that is her maiden name or previous married name. But the 1891 census shows that Margaret's last name was first written as something like Mellatto and then crossed out and written Magnone. The children Jennie and Louis were both written down as last name Mellatto.

Offline getstarted

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 June 17 04:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Amanda,
Wow this was an old post but it is great to hear from you.  Jennie was your great grandmother! Wow again.  Jennie had 3 children.  Margaret, Robert & Theresa.  Which one was your grandparent?

I can tell you about the family.  Margaret was married to Louis Milletto in the US.  They moved to Canada where Jennie & Louis were born.  Louis Milletto died a month after his son was born.  Margaret then married Marcello Magnone.
Where do you live? I live in Alberta, Canada.  I was born in British Columbia.  Robert Magnone was my grandfather.  (Half brother to Jennie).
Leslie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 June 17 05:13 BST (UK) »
According to my tree:

Jennie Magnone married Everett Charles Mugford
Their children:
Blanch
Margaret
Viola
Robert Everett

Robert Everett married Theresa Duplin
Their Children:
Robert (my dad)
Philip

Thanks for the info. I had just found a death record of Robert Everett Charles where Jennie "Magnone-Millet" was listed as his mother. So Milletto makes sense. I would love to hear anything else you have discovered.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 June 17 05:33 BST (UK) »
I lived most of my life in the lower mainland of BC, but I live in Washington state now.

Offline getstarted

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 June 17 15:44 BST (UK) »
Good morning
Let's take this out of Roots Chat. My email is lgilbert3@shaw.ca