Author Topic: Was my 2nd Great Grandfather William Williams born in Herefordshire?  (Read 5645 times)

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Was my 2nd Great Grandfather William Williams born in Herefordshire?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 March 14 14:34 GMT (UK) »
just to throw another problem your way,  Thomas Williams married Elizabeth Williams in Staunton on arrow  2 aug 1821 if familysearch have got it correct.

this seems to suggest that phoebe would still be your William Williams niece if he was elizabeths brother.   :-\ :-\

mike

Offline nweald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kay,
Thanks for the details of Phoebe's baptism in 1833 - I saw the year on familysearch but not the exact dates - where did you get the exact dates from? 

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the details of Thomas and Elizabeth's marriage - I've just got to find details of William Williams' birth and baptism details in 1789, and hopefully details of his butchery apprenticeship sometime.

Thanks to both of you.

Regards,
Martin

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 04:51 GMT (UK) »
The Titley baptism details are on Anc...  but the images are available.  If you need something checked at the Archive I am always happy to look, but at the moment the Record Office is moving location and it isn't expected to open for up to a year.

Kay

Offline 21zoe21

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 September 14 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi....not sure how this forum works but here goes.....I think the family in question, the williams, are my relatives! The isaac williams aged 5 in the 1841 census married a charlotte rudge? If so then I believe he is my grt grt grandad :)