Author Topic: Vowles Brothers LTD  (Read 6985 times)

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vowles Brothers LTD
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 March 14 14:33 GMT (UK) »
One more thing,have you been to West Bromwich library?I am going there tomorrow,could easily pop in and see if there is a picture in a book.Glen
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline MrJ4m3s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 March 14 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi James,I expect the website you got the invoice from was Old west Bromwich Photos,as I spotted the invoice as well,but did you know there was a forum on that site,where you can ask your questions?Also,there is a website,www.wikitree.com.It lists a Charles Vowles and his family.There was a brother,Thomas.The adverts I found say Vowles Bros,who was the other brother?Glenys

The other brother was G Vowles but i haven't investigated who he was yet as I'm still researching my Caswell roots. However at Sandwell Archives i read a news article about Leonard Vowles passing away who was a owner of the foundry also, this was roughly 50's i think, it was after Dennis had died.

If you wouldn't mind! :) I haven't been to West Bromwich in a while as I'm always at Dudley Archives!

James

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 March 14 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi James,
I had no luck at the library,but all is not lost.Your foundry was at Hall End,there was a book ,but it was reserved.BUT,there is a book on Hall End,kept in the basement at Smethwick Archives.They would be able to give you details if you rang them,also they would fetch it for you.If you get a photo,let me know,i would love to see it!If you want any more help,ask me.Glen

Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 08:54 GMT (UK) »
James,are these yours?Jack Reading Caswell,older brother Thomas.Parents Thomas//Anne.They have been researched by volunteers at the archives.Jack is listed on W-ton roll of Honour.Glen
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline MrJ4m3s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 May 14 06:15 BST (UK) »
James,are these yours?Jack Reading Caswell,older brother Thomas.Parents Thomas//Anne.They have been researched by volunteers at the archives.Jack is listed on W-ton roll of Honour.Glen

I've not come across them at the moment. I shall keep those names in mind though on my search :)

Offline djshay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 July 15 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi in 1901 at 66, Hall End was a Thomas Vowles b c 1862 and wife Mary A b c 1862 both born West Bromwich with family, the occupation of Thomas being Iron Moulder, could this be the family?
Census ref RG13/2723/52/38

Keyboard86
Hello James this is the brother of my grandfather, Job. The foundry was started by Thomas' sons, Charles b. 1899, Dennis b.1896, Joseph b. 1891 and Leonard (?). If you need more info, eg; look at the tree give me a message or mail me at jam-griATTonline.no.  We also have a Family Facebook page for the Vowles' and Griffiths decendants to meet up.