Author Topic: Mound siblings (Wormsley, Heref.)  (Read 3053 times)

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
Mound siblings (Wormsley, Heref.)
« on: Saturday 08 March 14 05:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
I'm trying to find out whether my 3x time-grandmother had more siblings than I have accounted for so far. My ancestor Ellen Mound was born in Wormsley, Herefordshire, around 1825. Her parents were Thomas Mound (1798-1860) and Elinor ? (cir 1789-1860). Thomas was from Hope Bagot, Shropshire, Elinor from Bitterley, Shropshire. By piecing together various census entries I've managed to figure out that Ellen's siblings were:
1) Mary Mound, b. 1820 in Elton, Herefordshire. Alive in 1861 and living with widowed father in Burrington. No trace of her afterward.
2) Sarah Mound (1831-1905), born Wormsley. Married Henry Pearce in Ludlow.
3) Richard Mound (1836-1925), born Pipe Aston, married his cousin Harriet Savigar/Saviger.
I haven't managed to find the baptism records for the Mound siblings either on Ancestry.co.uk nor on FamilySearch, but I think there may be other siblings in between. For instance, there is a Thomas Mound born cir 1828 in Wormsley, listed in the census of 1851 and 1871. I can't find a link between him and my ancestors, but as the Mounds lived in Wormsley in the late 1820's, I'm inclined to think he may be a missing sibling? And if so, would he be the only one? Are Wormsley's records available online?
The other siblings have been covered in other threads of RootsChat but I cannot find the baptism dates on any entries on record.
Thanks for any help you can offer :)
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)