Author Topic: Abraham Millward & Elizabeth Pearsall  (Read 5919 times)

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Abraham Millward & Elizabeth Pearsall
« on: Monday 10 March 14 15:46 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone who is connected to this tree?   Abraham and Elizabeth married in Kidderminster 26.6.1825 and had 8 children (on 1841 census)- John born 1826 Abraham  age 13, Ann 12, Charley 8,  Benjamin 6,  Caroline 2, George 8 months and Mary Ann Millward  (age 5)  my ancestor.  All born in Worcestershire. Mary Ann baptised at St Marys Kidderminster.  She married James Melrose in Edinburgh November 1860 - James was  born  in Edinburgh.

On the 1841 census Abraham and Elizabeth were 35 with a Thomas Pearsall age 70 living with the family.   

I would like to find out more if possible about Abraham and Elizabeth.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Abraham Millward & Elizabeth Pearsall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 17:10 GMT (UK) »
ELIZABETH Pearsall was Christened 24 Aug 1801, Kidderminster to THOMAS/SUSANNAH
Birth 5 July 1801
Siblings Christenings;
THOMAS, 31 May 1803
MARY, 12 Aug 1804 (may have died)
MARY ANN, 7 Aug 1805
(Source Familysearch.Org)

Thomas PEARSALL Married Susanna WESTWOOD, 1800, Clent, Worcester
(Source Familysearch.Org)

F/S has a submitted record of Susanna Pearsall dying 8 November 1805 .
I cant confirm this.

ABRAHAM Millward Christened 20 April 1806, Ribbesford to THOMAS/MARY
(F/S.Org)
In Census Abraham is born c 1805/6 Bewdley.
Siblings;
THOMAS, 18 June 1802
ELIZABETH, 8 July 1804
+ a possible;
MARY, 11 Oct 1805 and JOHN 8 June 1808 (buried 28 Sept 1808) both in Kiderminster.

Thomas MILWARD Married Mary PARDOE,  20 Aug 1800, Ribbesford

"RIBBESFORD, a parish in the lower division of Doddingtree hundred, county Worcester. It contains the borough of BEWDLEY (which see), and the village of Ribbesford, once a market town. The parish is situated on the river Severn, and is celebrated for its oak timber. The surface is undulating, and the soil of various qualities. The substratum contains coal, but this mineral is not generally worked. The village of Ribbesford is surrounded by wooded heights. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £360."
+
SO780740 Ribbesford, Worcestershire
~ 1 miles N SO780750 Bewdley, Worcestershire
(Source Ribbesford on Genuki  http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/WOR/Ribbesford/)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Trish.  You have extended my family tree for me. Thanks too for the information about Ribbesford.  All my searching is done in Scotland and i have just recently discovered and English great great grandmother hence my enquiry.

mirrin

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 20:15 GMT (UK) »
The Abraham aged 13 on your 1841 census info, may be same Abraham of an 1877 death notice, which says he died at the Lodge, Oaklands, Wolverhampton, aged 50, formerly of Bewdley, and that he had for many years been a faithful servant of E.D. Shaw esq [he presumably being the Edward Dethick Shaw who died on 23rd  Feb 1886 and was a Hardware Merchant of Oaklands.]
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 March 14 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi scotmum  I have just thanked you on another posting for your  great help with Mary Ann Millward(nursery maid in John Haig's house in Charlotte Square)  Abraham's daughter.

The Abraham that I have was born in 1806  and married in 1825. It does not seem that its the same person but there may be a connection though.  Thanks again for taking the time to search this out, much appreciated.

Mirrin

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Abraham 1826 is the Son of Abraham/Elizabeth nee Pearsall ;)
His Wife was a Elizabeth also. 1881 Census she is Widowed.
Probable Marriage;
Abraham MILWARD/Elizabeth BURASTON, 14 December 1848, Saint Martin, Worcester (F/S.Org)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Abraham 1826 is the Son of Abraham/Elizabeth nee Pearsall ;)
His Wife was a Elizabeth also. 1881 Census she is Widowed.
Probable Marriage;
Abraham MILWARD/Elizabeth BURASTON, 14 December 1848, Saint Martin, Worcester (F/S.Org)

A tree on Ancestry has this couple, and records Abraham dying 1877, so fits well.

On the tree, Elizabeth Millward nee Buraston is noted as dying 1919. A number of children listed for them. The tree also lists Abrahams' parents as Abraham Millward (died 1873) and Elizabeth Pearsall (died 1871). Abraham senior's parents are listed as a Thomas Millward and Mary ________.

Mirrin, it looks like they tree owner lost track of your Mary Millward who ended up in Edinburgh, but they do seem to have been able to follow through on most of her siblings, so well worth trying to make contact with the tree owner I would think.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline mirrin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I got my Abrahams mixed up.  Thank you both for the extra information.  I will go to the library and access Ancestry.  Great to find out more.

Regards Mirrin

Offline Yegvard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi mirrin,

This may be a bit early for you but I have an Ester MILLWARD marrying a Richard IZOD in 1793 in Tardebigge, Worcestershire.  She dies there in 1831 aged 62 years.  There is no local evidence to say where she came from.

However, using FHS-Online and FamilySearch there appears to be only 2 likely baptisms for Ester/Esther MILWARD/MILLWARD in Worcestershire between 1765 and 1775.  My favourite being 1769 in Kidderminster to William and Mary as it is 62 years back from 1831.

Please bear Ester in mind if you get back that far.

Regards

Mike
HANDS, HANDES, HANNS, HANNES, HANNE, HANNON (Yardley to Bromsgrove)
 MIL(L)WARD, COTTERIL, CLULEE, IZOD, HASSALL, TODD, STRATTON, JAKEMAN, JENNINGS, MOLE, ALLCOCK PINFIELD north Worcestershire
WATERS, Thurzo, Sutherland> Bishopswearmouth, Durham
GARDNER, Solihull;
HUMPHRIES & HUMPHREYS, Meifod, Montgomeryshire>Bilston, STS> Manchester & Texas + Kansas, USA
JAKENS, BIRD, CRAPPER Bury, HIGGINBOTHAM, HORRIDGE, CUNDIFF, Lancs
LEO, Galway/Tipperary, & CARROLL, Carlow Ireland