Author Topic: Refer White/Fulton families, NewtownStewart,County Tyrone  (Read 2606 times)

Offline junie43

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Refer White/Fulton families, NewtownStewart,County Tyrone
« on: Monday 17 March 14 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Further to my earlier posting re this family from Newtown Stewart, Co Tyrone I have found that John White and Sarah Jane Fulton had 3 more children all of whom immigrated to Steuben County, New York State, USA. they are Martha White Born 1843, Letitia (Leticia) Born 1855, Andrew Born 1858, all births were in co tyrone, I can only assume Newtown Stewart . Martha and Letitia emigrated to New York in 1871, Andrew arrived in New York 8 April 1875 on ship Ethiopia, Letitita and Andrew were living with their elder sister Jane and her husband Thomas Watson in Campbell Steuben, New York State as they appear in the June 1875 New York State Census. I am seeking any info regarding this family in Co. Tyrone Births, deaths, marriages, baptisms. The family was protestant. Hope someone out there can help.  Many thanks

Offline Ian999

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Refer White/Fulton families, NewtownStewart,County Tyrone
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 May 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
This may be old news and may be just a side bar anyway, but today I came across a listing of Australian deaths.

Apparently William Henry White died 24 Dec 1884 and was buried at Aramac, Queensland.
He was the son of Stewart Fulton White and Annie.

I have him being born in Langton Dorset about 1846. It might help to explain why someone on your side went to Aus.

http://austcemindex.com/other-sources.php?id=7166711

Offline Ian999

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 April 18 15:51 BST (UK) »
An edit of my post of 8 May 2014:
Apparently the Australian Cemetery Index people have made an adjustment.
That reference now brings up an entirely different guy!

So resorting to hard copy certificates I find that my William Henry White died 5 February 1884 at Charters Towers Queensland.

It makes no difference to me but reinforces the fact that we rely on volunteers and for important stuff we should go to the written records.
I still don't know where his gravestone is!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 April 18 16:23 BST (UK) »
Has this anything to do with the  family from Newtown Stewart, Co Tyrone  ??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Ian999

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 April 18 16:36 BST (UK) »
Yes.
The Australian Death Certificate shows that William Henry White was the son of Stewart Fulton White and an Annie X.

It is my strong guess that Stewart and Ann(ie) came from Newtownstewart Co Tyrone. See my earlier posts.

Junie43 gives the impression that she discovered the link and that it is gospel, just like she believes she is descended from Rob Roy McGregor and related to IBM's founder.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 April 18 17:13 BST (UK) »
Yes.
The Australian Death Certificate shows that William Henry White was the son of Stewart Fulton White and an Annie X.

It is my strong guess that Stewart and Ann(ie) came from Newtownstewart Co Tyrone. See my earlier posts.

Junie43 gives the impression that she discovered the link and that it is gospel, just like she believes she is descended from Rob Roy McGregor and related to IBM's founder.

Ahh... it is just a guess. 

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 April 18 17:29 BST (UK) »
Lol...that sounds wrong!

It's a good clue for a branch of the family!!

Sorry.

Offline Ian999

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 April 18 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hallmark,
I am puzzled. Where are you coming from on this issue?
Do you have any links to this family?
I am descended from Stewart Fulton White and Ann Rea, both born in Ireland.
William Henry White, the son of Stewart, married Annie Lees in Manchester and they departed for Queensland.

There is no proven connection to Newtonstewart as far as I am aware. However, in the 1796 Flax Growers List, the only place that White, Fulton, and Rea names come together is Newtownstewart.

If you have any more info I would really like to know of more pieces to this puzzle.

Offline junie43

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 April 18 05:04 BST (UK) »
To Ian999 Re my  family of Sarah Jane Fulton and John White sorry i only give you the impression of my descendants but i have solid proof Jane Fulton Watson (Nee White) is the mother of Thomas Watson (Who founded IBM) and she is my maternal great grandmother's (Rebecca) sister who emigrated to Victoria Australia NOT Queensland, while her other siblings emigrated to New York USA. This is GOSPEL.  I have a lot more information about my relatives but because of your cynicism i will not share with you. I have shared my information with direct descendants of my american relatives who are my direct descendants also. Your relatives are not related to mine