Author Topic: Phil Taylor - Ice Skater  (Read 8994 times)

Offline Meredith48

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Phil Taylor - Ice Skater
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 22 October 15 05:54 BST (UK) »
Willsy, thanks also for the marriage details for Philip and Lois.  I expected her to be younger than him, but she's half his age!  And they went on to have two children? 
Cheers, Meredith

Offline jentaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 07:59 GMT (UK) »
Ooops...Before I get shot at....Sorry folks, what was I just saying about errors??? :-[ :o ;)

Philip's second wife was Lois Ann McCormack, by whom I think he had the two sons, possibly both born in Phoenix.
my grandfather is phil and grandmother lois ann my father is stephen george and uncle phil, can i ask if or how you are related to phil?

Offline jentaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 11:10 GMT (UK) »
just learning how to work this site forgive me....phil married jane and had a child megan olwen Devenish Bicknell. phil then married feo mary burnette then he married lois ann and had Stephen and phillip, lets exchange info

Philip George Taylor b.1895 Southend-on-Sea, Essex (Father George Henry, butcher)

George emigrated with his family to Canada before WWI. Philip served in Canadian Overseas Force.

Married Jane Elizabeth Olwen Bicknell 29 Nov. 1917 in St Mary's Church, Wimbledon

Philip & Jane had 3 children together: Olwen Megan 1920-1993, Stephen George & Philip Bert

Phil Taylor died 1959 in Phoenix, Arizona.
[/quote]

Offline Meredith48

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jen,
Please check your private message from me - will be easier to chat via that. 
Fascinated to learn more about shared ancestry.
Regards,
Meredith

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 24 October 16 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen.

I sent you a pm a few days ago, it would be really great to hear from you to help me solve a problem.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Meredith48

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 21 January 17 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jen,  I've just received another message from Carol Taylor (Red Deer), re our common relative Philip Taylor.  As you are his direct descendant, we are very keen to make contact with you and find out more about him and his family. 
Hope you don't feel we're pressuring you, so perhaps you could respond on my email and reassure me that we're OK: (*)
We were in Canada in May/June last year, but didn't have the opportunity to visit Manitoba, or do any further research into the Taylor line of our family.

Regards from very hot South Australia,
Meredith

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Salmestone68

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 08 July 17 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, my great grandfather, Sidney Charlton, used to skate with Phil Taylor. I have photos of them together. Sid also joined the Canadian Army. They seemed to have had a double act on ice, which they performed away from competitions, in theatres across England. Sid had a colourful career, including skating on stilts and barrel jumping, instructing in Switzerland, and at Streatham Ice Rink where he was floor manager when it opened in the 30s.

Offline Pamela Petersen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 07 May 18 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi. My name is Pamela Taylor Petersen my fathers oldest step brother. same father but mom was Nellie Payne Taylor was Phil Taylor. Ice skater  my dad and his sister Edith born in England but dad and his brother Gilbert were born in Saskatoon Canada dad in Sept 1916 I have a few pics but not many always very curious about history has been nobody to ask as all passed away years ago and we were too young to even think about it. Hope to hear from someone there is a jentaylor that is arrived to Stephen unclePhils son that’s all I know  thanks for any info.  Pamela Taylor Petersen. Gibson’s BC Canada

Offline Meredith48

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Pamela,  I have done a lot of research on Phil Taylor, but would love to know more about his father's marriage to Nellie nee Payne.  Phil's father is closely related to us, so we're interested in all his descendants.  As you've only made one post so far, I can't private message you.  After we've chatted a couple of times on this forum, I can give you my email address and can then share research with you.  So a few dates and names for Nellie would be good, and anything you know about their marriage.  Look forward to hearing from you again, Regards, Meredith