Author Topic: Tarrant Monkton  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tarrant Monkton
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 October 14 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian
 Richard Warr and Eleanor Alner are my 5 times G/Grandparents and were married 22nd April 1717 at Tarrant Monckton.
Eleanor was said to have come from Tarrant Launceston and as you say it is GL but i have a copy of the baptism of Lazarus Warr the son and although it looks like a G it is actually a T. as it states his parents from TL

Unfortunately I have never found Eleanor's baptism but there was a possibilty that her parents may have been William Alner and Elizabeth Ellis alias Yealfe but no proof.

Eleanor either died 1740 or 1742

Colin   

Offline bdmayes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Colin

Thanks for that. The Warr line seems to have been in Wootten Glanville and Lydlinch before Tarrant Monkton, so I am working on that at the moment.

Brian

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 05:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian
Yes you are right the Warrs [var.] mostly came from Glanville Wootton[ vice versa] and then as you say Lydlinch, Thomas Warr was the one to start that family going but it has never been proven where he came from all we know is he died in Glanville Wootton and we don't know where he got married either.
I have only done my line which is from John Warr 1618 Glanville Wootton the son of Thomas.

Colin