Author Topic: Denniston/Burke  (Read 7836 times)

Offline Sheelin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denniston/Burke
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 March 14 23:11 BST (UK) »
I have information on Michael Denniston's wife, but nothing on Michael. I do not know his parents names, nor where he was born. I secured the date of the marriage from the records at St. Mary's in Edgeworthstown, but no civil record was found when I requested it.

I appreciate the time you took to look things up and again apologize for sending you thrice around Robin Hood's barn. I'm delving back into this research after being away for several years and seem to have lost my manners during my absence.

I'm thinking I'll just start taking the counties surrounding Longford one at a time and search for a lead on Michael Denniston.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 March 14 14:39 BST (UK) »
HA Don't worry !

It is going to be tricky for you to ascertain for sure where Michael came from when he wasn't farming on his family land.

While not unheard of it is rarer to find someone farming on their wives land.

You will need to sit down with the 1901 & 1911 Irish Census and the Griffiths Valuation and a big map and try and track where the surname crops up the most in the surrounding area to the Burkes.

Best Of Luck

Tara

Offline Sheelin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
Great suggestion! Wow, much better than my throwing a dart at the map!

Offline SheelinP

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 March 17 23:02 GMT (UK) »
I want to sincerely apologize for my thoughtless and inexperienced post several years ago. The care and attention that the people on this list give to their research and replies should not have been squandered by a vague request.

So, lo these many years later, boy have I learned a thing or two! Though this missive is far too late, it is being sent in with good intentions.

Lesson - think before you type and BE SPECIFIC!!!