Author Topic: William Charles McEntee (father+son) early 1800's - Help, please.  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Panda152

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Charles McEntee (father+son) early 1800's - Help, please.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 March 16 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Zak ,I have been reading your thread I just want to tell you that the other man in Dublin Charles William Mcentee who married Kate Williams Burchell were my great great grandparents and his father was Edward Alexander Mcentee married Eliza church Stackpoole,I found her headstone died 1853 buried mount jerome cemetery, viewable online.all this side of my family are buried in mount Jerome,Dublin.Charles was a physician south county Dublin they were church of Ireland.they had I think several children one was Henry Hugh Mcentee b.1869.married Francis Henrietta Watchorn my great grandparents.he was a joiner.it s fascinating to read about your family ,I found quite a bit about them online as they were well off and descendants of david la louche.they lived in Dublin all they re lives .Kate and Charles son Valentine La touche Mcentee mayor of Waltham stow ,made a baron ,for his services in the Labour Party.in the houses of lords, see him on peerage .com .he married twice,the second lady Catherine was also a mayor in Walthamstow.kate williams had another sister Belinda la touche married into tracey clan Irish builders there website shows pages of their ancestry.My father reliably told me shortly before he died last year that there were another Mcentee family living in Dublin at the same time who were no relation to his mothers family whatsoever ,my granny's name was Kate Lynch nee Mcentee b. 1894 .died 1973.she had many siblings as there was about 8  :) :)on the census

Offline jazdrv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

Thank you for your reply about your McEntee Irish lineage. And your comments about the other (possibly my) McEntee roots there. :)

I found this web site based on what you wrote (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_McEntee,_1st_Baron_McEntee)

Absolutely fascinating!

---------------------------------------
So it would appear based on what you said, your line looks like this:

- (your ggg-grandparents) Edward Alexander McEntee m. Eliza Church Stackpoole (b:?; d:1853; buried: Mt. Jerome Cemetery, Dublin)
   + (your gg-grandparents) Charles William Mcentee (physician) (b.? d?) m. Kate Williams Burchell (married: Church of Ireland)
       * Valentine la Touche McEntee, 1st Baron McEntee (b.1871 d.1953)
          m. (1) Elizabeth, daughter of Edward Crawford, in 1892
          m. (2) Catherine, daughter of Charles Windsor, in 1920
       * (your g-grandparents)  Henry Hugh McEntee (b.1869; joiner) m. Francis Henrietta Watchorn
          - (your grandparents) Kate Mcentee (b.1894, d.1973) m. _____ Lynch
            + (your father) (d.2015) (told you that there was another McEntee family in Dublin who weren't related)
          - 7 other siblings (on census)

About my line:

My ggg-grandfather (also named William Charles McEntee) was born in 1823 in Dublin. I suspect his father (not confirmed) had the same name and was also from Dublin.

FYI -- I believe if our families are connected --- the fact that yours were members of the Church of Ireland is consistent with how mine practiced their beliefs when they lived in Birmingham (where they were part of the Church of England).

So it would seem possible (despite what your father said) that our 2 lines are connected? Do you happen to have the birth dates for your ggg-grandfather Edward Alexander McEntee and your gg-grandfather Charles?

It would be intriguing if you could do a DNA test. An autosomal type test should confirm if we're indeed cousins going back to a 3rd/4th great grandfather or so.

Also, do you happen to have any further information about the other McEntee line that your father mentioned? ie: where they lived, church, parish, etc?

And curious ... may I ask where you live? I live in Scotland currently. I was just in Dublin (and North Ireland) a couple weeks ago doing some genealogy research. (on different roots than this one)

Zak

Offline jazdrv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 10:57 GMT (UK) »
This (attached) is my ggg-grandfather William Charles McEntee (1823-1894) b.Dublin d.England

Offline Panda152

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Zak if you look on Irish genealogy.ie you will see William Charles Mcentee marriages and births,on church records section they re all my family about 6 or 8 results Dublin or south Dublin I think.you will see the addresses and you can view them on the census of Ireland 1901 and 1911. On one of the census it seems Henry hugh Mcentee erased and changed his entry on religion from c.o.i.to r.c. I was born and reared in Dublin ,rotunda hospital as were my father Henry Hugh lynch my granny Kate Lynch nee Mcentee and her brothers n sisters and her mother and her family.my own 2 kids were also born there.the Mcentee s were in cottage place on one of the census first names Kate,Elizabeth,Valentine,Henry,William,Gerard,Alicia.There were others that died ,I actually have the original grave receipts from those infants children .that photo is amazing of William Charles Mcentee ,see a portrait of Valentine la touche Mcentee on the national portrait gallery London,I got one sent over I live in co. Meath where there are loads of Mcentee here I don't know of any relations ,my parents moved here also .when you see that Mcentee look in someone it's instant ly recognisable .🙂 Amanda lynch

Offline LNilson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 06 November 16 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Zak.

I found some of your entries on ancestry.com... William Charles McEntee (Sr) was my great, great, great, grandfather... His daughter (Mary Ann McEntee) my great great grandmother. I know that doesn't answer your question at all!!! But I found your contributions to that side of the family interesting, and it's the first time we've bumped into anyone else uploading content related to us on ancestry.com. I live in Canada... And if you're interested in the rest of that branch, my mom has uploaded extensive stuff (she's "mnilson192" on ancestry.com).

Leah

Offline jazdrv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 10 November 16 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Leah,

Nice to meet you cousin!

It's been a while since I've been on here. Seems I lost my old login too! :(

But yes, I've talked to your mom quite a bit already. :)

Zak (jazdrv)

Offline Cabanas

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 20 January 24 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am the 1st Cousin 2xR of Baroness Catherine Windsor who Married Valentine La Touch Mcentee in 1820
Her Farther Charles Windsor was my Great Grand Uncle
I am visiting their Grave in Queens Rd Cemetry and the Walthamstow Museum in February.
I have other ancestors in the cemetry with the surname Hilder and Barrick all related to Catherine

I am trying to find out more information for Elizabeth Crawford Valentine McEntees 1st wife.
Any hepl would be much appreciated
Kind Regards