Author Topic: Livermore Brothers Court Minstrels  (Read 10719 times)

Offline Barbara Adams

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Livermore Brothers Court Minstrels
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 11:43 BST (UK) »
In 1888 Livermore Bros appeared at Henglers' Cirque, Analaby Road, Hull. The permanent address given for Lechmere, Louis and Horace Livermore is: Netherfield House, Netherfield near Nottingham. I have an original programme from the two week run. I was just about to list it on eBay when I came across your Roots Chat entry whilst doing some research on them!

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 13:44 BST (UK) »
I've found a few more things that seem to be connected.

There was a marriage between Charles and Eliza but later than I was expecting. Charles Livermore married Eliza Charlotte Hilleary on 8 Nov 1874 at parish church St Marylebone, He was a tailor and widower. She was a spinster. His father: John Livermore - upholsterer and hers was Robert Hilleary - farmer. Winesses George Hawkins and L? Hawkins.

On 24 Feb 1822, a Charles Livermore married Charlotte Scott at St Martins in the Fields. witnesses Martha Aldridge and W? Taylor.
Baptism for children of Charles (a tailor) and Charlotte Livermore
Charlotte Emma  11 Dec 1822 Westminster Lying in hospital
Louisa 3 Dec 1826 Holborn St Giles in the Fields
Louisa 7 Oct 1827 (born 9 July 1827) St James Clerkenwell
(Entry below on same date is Henry Livermore s/o George - mattress maker and Mary)
Eliza, Julia and George all on 21 July 1839 Christ Church St Pancras. no dobs recorded for these three.

1841 census has Charlotte Livermore 40 Ind, Charles 20 Tailor J(ourneyman?), Eliza 12, Julia 10, George 9 and Isabella 3 at Clarence Garden, St Pancras.  I can't find Charles jnr's baptism, but given his age he might be baptised under Scott. Isabella is a mystery. Her birth seems to be registered Q1 1838 St martins but was not included in the 1839 baptism.

A Charles Livermore was baptised at St Ann Blackfriars on 8 Sep 1803 to John and Mary. No occupation given but there are several children who are his possible siblings where some records say that John is an upholsterer. One possible brother is called George and his second wife is Mary Bennett. George is upholsterer.

I haven't found Charlotte and family on later censuses or found her death, which if it is all the famly would be just before Charles's second marriage in 1874.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 13:53 BST (UK) »
Just found Charlotte and youngest daughter Isabella in 1871. Charlotte is married and says she is a tailor's wife. Isabella is a dancer. Living at 19 Saville street, Portland place, Marylebone.In 1881, Isabella is at same address, she is now head occ machinist and has taken in a lodger. This would imply that Charlotte has died between 1871 and 1881.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 14:07 BST (UK) »
Charlotte Emma Livermore (daughter) married in July 1851. The witnesses were Charles Livermore, Louis Livermore, E Livermore and I Livermore. Charles could be brother or father, but they should all be on the 1851 census somewhere.

I think I have some of them in 1851
Charlotte 53  mar needlewoman
George 19  porter
Isabella 13
Catherine 1

but Charlotte was orn Liverpool (Southwark in 1871) and Catherine is listed as daughter!. I can't find a registration for birth of Catherine Livermore and would she be daughter of a 53 year old woman?
There is a Catherine F E Livermore reg 1848, but I have found her in later censuses as someone else's daughter so not her.

This really is a mysterious family.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 15:13 BST (UK) »
Another development
Julia Livermore married Dan Hawkins. George Hawkins was one of the witnesses (possibly his father). When Charles Livermore married for the second time, one witness was George Hawkins and I'm pretty sure the signature is the same.