Author Topic: Ada's parents and siblings if possible please.  (Read 11683 times)

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ada's parents and siblings if possible please.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Spidermonkey,

Thank you for your reply, I was under the impression  only  the girls were born to Henry & Eliza but a family member I am helping said he knows of two sons and after their father died they apparently drank  his business into the ground....(a very profitable carriage maker) in Gorseley.

I have never found any sons so maybe you are right in saying maybe there was a second marriage, I really don't know,  if they are found that will be a bonus.

Regards

Cienna

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:23 BST (UK) »
There is a possible death for Henry - 16th Sept 1947.  Probate was granted to William Charles Edward Langford, grocer.  You could order his will, and see whether sons were mentioned.

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:33 BST (UK) »
In the Kelly's Directory of 1914, there is an entry for Watkins Brothers, wheelwrights.  Perhaps the two sons belonged to Henry's brother?

Offline Cienna

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 May 14 09:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I will look into this piece of info and see what I can come up with for this family, must be something to show if there were sons or not, your time and and effort is very much appreciated.

Henry had a number of brothers but I have no families for them as yet, still researching.

Regards

Cienna