Author Topic: St Swithins Lincoln  (Read 4077 times)

Offline DeeGemini

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Swithins Lincoln
« on: Tuesday 01 April 14 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does any one have any details of burials in St Swithins cemetery at Lincoln? I am looking for the plot number of Joseph Cole who was buried the end of January 1830. His wives Anne buried September 1809 and Mary buried 1818 are also proving to be elusive.
Thank you. Dee  ???

Offline DeeGemini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Swithins Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 April 14 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does any one have any details of burials in St Swithins cemetery at Lincoln? I am looking for the plot number of Joseph Cole who was buried the end of January 1830. His wives Anne buried September 1809 and Mary buried 1818 are also proving to be elusive.
Thank you. Dee  ???

Bumping this in the hope some one can help.  :'(

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 April 14 21:33 BST (UK) »
Can't help with the plot number, but incase you dont have the actual date, he was buried 26th January 1830.

Mary Cole aged 33 buried 23rd December 1818 St Swithin.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 April 14 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

Your original post has been read by 89 people so hasn't been ignored.  Unfortunately - it just means that nobody has access to the info you need

You appear to know the dates of their burials so you could try contacting Lincoln records office to see if they can help with plot numbers

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/residents/archives/about/contact-information/72378.article
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DeeGemini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 April 14 14:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you both. I have been to the Archives a few times but have so far been unable to find anything in the time I had. I've also been to the cemetery but there never seems to be any one around when you need them!! Joseph seems to be a rather illusive character as the only info I have for certain is that he married 3 times, had 6 children, was a waterman and died in Lincoln. So far I have been unable to find any more about him. Oh well....tomorrows another day!!
Kind regards, Dee  ::)

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 September 15 19:51 BST (UK) »
I can't help with your question but wanted to add that if you visit the cemetery during the week then staff are available , they don't work weekends.

Offline Patricia jackson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hello - I have only just now seen your post.  I have a couple of suggestions.  1. If you phone Crematorium & Cemeteries General Enquiries at Washingborough Road Lincoln. The staff are very helpful.  Tel  873 646 of course you need the std code if calling from out of the area or on mobile. 2. Have you thought of trying Deceased online although it is a paying site - it doesn't cost very much  :)
Brown, Twizell, Storey & fenwick  from Northumberland, Parkinson, from Lincolnshire, Kelly, Kinsella  & Mcguire from Ireland. Mellor originally from Derbyshire, Allens from Norfolk and Jackson originally from Sutton Coldfield.