Author Topic: James Jeffrey Hogg & Mary Irving married 1896 Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, UK  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: James Jeffrey Hogg & Mary Irving married 1896 Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, UK
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 September 18 22:19 BST (UK) »
RTL...

I thought it was for David Morris Hogg & Mary Margaret Duff  ::)

I've given the wrong info. on the missing marriage.

James Jeffrey Hogg married Mary Irving 30 Apr 1896...SORRY.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Jeffrey Hogg & Mary Irving married 1896 Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, UK
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 September 18 07:21 BST (UK) »
The marriage I have recently posted about was for James Jeffrey Hogg and Mary Irving in 1896. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline simonhogg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 October 18 16:23 BST (UK) »
It seems, yet to be verified, that Irving's and Ethel's daughter, Gloria, was a GI bride and went to the USA after the war. Irving, Ethel and their son subsequently emigrated. This may explain how Irving was able to give an address in Michigan, for the Queen Mary passenger list, when they sailed from Southampton to New York in 1948. I will know more about this in a couple of weeks.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 19 October 18 01:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon,

I think this shows with the marriage of Gloria & William Banghart being married 1944 in Colchester, Essex.

Have you read the previous posts, one in particular is Reply #3 from Sandra?

Gloria Banghart appeared on a New York Passenger List - 10 Feb 1946 -  Queen Mary - aged 20 years - UK Address :- 19 Parris Place, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire.
Dependant S/Sgt William F Banghart,  Asn 16042252 US Army. 73 S. Paddock Street, Pontiac. Michigan.

Sandra

I'm presently working from an old back-up i.e. there is likely a lot of info. I don't have recorded on it as I lost a lot of my original tree which I haven't retrieved yet.

On my old back-up, I have nothing of your line & from memory I can't recall if I ever did?

All I have on this back-up is James Jeffrey b 23 Jan 1900 Gateshead, died 1969

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline simonhogg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 21 October 18 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie, James Jeffrey who die in 1969 was my paternal grandfather and the dates you have are correct.

As for Irving's daughter Gloria, it does fit with family memory, not mine but my mum's. I knew/know that Irving did emigrate as he did visit once, in the mid 1960's.

Simon

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 21 October 18 17:54 BST (UK) »
Simon,

Can you tell me what info. you're looking for & I can check my tree to see if I can help?

This thread was the 1st of me starting on that branch i.e. my info. won't be much.

I have 3 children for James Jeffrey Hogg & Mary Irving & don't know whether there were more?

I have no info. on the family of son William Metcalfe Simpson Hogg 1897 - 1978 & wife Lillian Cara Ritson 1900 - 1987  married 1928

Annie

Offline simonhogg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 21 October 18 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie, I have just started on all of this in the last 3/4 weeks. What I am attempting to do, is at the moment, trace back from my father, ie those people you mention. I think it was the 1891 census is where their birth place, they were in Gateshead at that time, was listed as 'Scotland'. I've had a quick look on the free census website an may have possibly found the next generation on, in Scotland. I did try using scotlandspeople.gov.uk, but having paid for a couple of documents, I now know I need to be more sure of the details of one generation, before trying to ascertain the next. At the moment, it is just the male line from my father, grandfather (James Jeffrey) I am starting to trace. I may know more by next weekend as I should be bale to look at some of the stuff my dad did 10 or so years ago; he died 3 years ago, so I have no idea what he found, or the accuracy or anything.

Simon

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 21 October 18 20:20 BST (UK) »
Simon,

If you PM me your email, I can send a report of the Hogg family going back to Scotland?

Annie

Offline simonhogg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 04 November 18 15:56 GMT (UK) »
I now know a bit more, well at least verify things. Irving's daughter did marry a Banghart in 1944, I have a copy of a wedding photo. Discussions with my mother confirmed this along with my  vague recollection about Irving's immigration to the USA, he did return in the mid 1960's for a visit, I was perhaps 4, but this is confirmed. I also have a couple of other photographs. Thus there are descendants of a Hogg in the Detroit area, with Banghart as a surname.

I hope this makes sense, I've borrowed a vast amount of stuff, it is bewildering...Manx history back to 1607, other relatives somewhere with the name of Snowball, others in Australia, a vast range of names, as one would seem to expect when you start on this.

Simon